·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus back on top of the podum with Kimi's win in Abu Dhabi!:clap::bow::nanner:

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
You beat me to it!! The long term benefits for Lotus is incalculable!!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
You guys really think that this is going to do that much for Lotus? Honest question.

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Now we can again say "Lotus is a top F1 team" just like Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, etc!

Hopefully, the PR folks at Lotus jump at this opportunity.!!

This is the best advertising in the world for a maker of worldclass sports cars. We have now won at the top tier again!! And they did it in less than 3 seasons!! Incredible!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
You guys really think that this is going to do that much for Lotus? Honest question.
Well, nothing for the Lotus car company since they're in a holding pattern and probably even lost their PR team.

For Lotus owners, it'll be something since we finally have something to brag about!

·
Registered
455 Posts
No real connection between F1 team and Lotus. Good PR for Lotus name in sponsoring the car. Would matter if Proton / DRB-Hicom buys the team as being discussed in rumor mill (mentioned during F1 debrief.)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great race! Congrats Kimi and Lotus!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, the 25 year draught has passed and Kimi keeps going. Let's meet him in Austin! What an epic race!!!

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Great show. Never a dull moment.

Sure can't hurt. Yesterday sitting at a stoplight I saw a modern "Lotus Racing" sticker on a 20 somethings car. Hmmmm.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Very impressive. Kimi made a good car great. It was great to watch a race where so much was happening. Maybe they should draw one person from the top five qualifiers and make him start from the back every race.

Could've done without the spoiler title for DVR types.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Need to add "spoiler alert" to the thread title and remove the outcome so it doesn't show up on the home page of the site.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
yep, I agree on the bad form without the spoiler alert. I know many who DVR the race so they can watch it tonight.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Maybe a stealthier title next time, you just spoiled my evening. Glad to hear he won but would have rather seen it.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I was only able to watch the first 15 minutes before leaving for the airport. Followed it on my mobile and then my lap top. You do what you have to do. Sorry if I ruined anybody's anticipation. In my excitement I did not think to post "spoiler alert."

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
What happened to Colin's hat? I remember when Lotus came back to F1 that the hat was being carried in a special container and would be tossed on the first win. I watched and didn't see it. Maybe they wouldn't let the team that close to the track.

:(

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
What happened to Colin's hat? I remember when Lotus came back to F1 that the hat was being carried in a special container and would be tossed on the first win. I watched and didn't see it. Maybe they wouldn't let the team that close to the track.

:(
Isn't that hat still with Tony H. or he had to cough it up? Anyway, it was a great win for Lotus but this Kimi is really some character. Too full of himself. Not sure if I want someone like that on my team no matter how talented he is.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts