The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I was going to work at 5:30 am and had someone in a old model Acura Integra sideswipe my car doing $4500 in damage. They fled the scene like a bat outta hell. I tried to give chase but it was dark and they had a big head start. I filed a police report, was late to work, it was a terrible morning.

When the officer got there he removed a large chunk of red bumper from my car which was left by the "other" car. It was jammed into my bodywork, he was going to toss it in the garbage but I asked to keep it.

I posted on my local "auto" message board a description of the car and damage ( based on the bumper chunk I Had) and said I'd give $100 to anyone with information leading to this car.

Well....I got a call today from someone who thought they spotted a car that sounded like my description so I went out to take a look and whaddya know....

Attachments

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
got out my "evidence" and looky looky....can we say BUSTED? What are the odds!? I consider myself VERY lucky to have found this person in a city of millions. The police came and dealt with him. I bet he wet his pants when he discovered why he was being taken down.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
That is great Jenn!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
_JD_ said:
That must be close to lottery-type odds for finding that car. Interesting how money talks eh? Must feel good- hopefully they're insured.
Says a lot for the power of the internet too.

Randy, you have a major power tool at your fingers...

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
originally posted by OneFastMiata
I bet he wet his pants when he discovered why he was being taken down.
Good for you! And yes you are lucky. I'm sure not only did he wet his pants, but $hit it too! LOL!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
shay2nak said:
Good for you! And yes you are lucky. I'm sure not only did he wet his pants, but $hit it too! LOL!
It all Depends.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Damn Jenn,
You seem to be a bum magnet when it comes to driving, didn't some guy try to run you off the road a few weeks ago, or maybe those are average KY drivers:D

Congrats. his personal injury lawyer will be calling you after he visits his chiropracter!
Chris;)

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Rock on. What an asshat.
Man... I absolutely despise people like that. I would have beat the sh#t out of him with the large chunk of red bumper. What an As$holl! :mad:

Good thing it wasn't the Elise. Great job on finding the As$.

Neil

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Wow, what a story - lucky that you kept the piece of his car, too. Nice job !

Hope it all gets sorted out in your favor - just be glad it didn't happen to you in the Elise ! If/when something happens to mine (when it eventually arrives), I'm going to be so bummed out.

Cheers, Mike G.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Lucky break, with luck like this I'd hit the tables. Cheers! :cool:

·
Banned
901 Posts
Jenn:

Kudos to you and the person(s) who helped out.

Makes up for the time I was hit and run in a parking lot. Guy left me a note that reads (still have it) "People saw me hit your car so I acted like I was leaving my name and number on this note. Good luck!"

Glad you got the bum!

Mark

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
OMG Mark, that sucks !!! You should have walked around asking everyone in the area if they saw who hit the lotus esprit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts