The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy probably gets this question a dozen times a day. "Kindacarzat?" "Hey mister, kindacarzat?"

In fact it has me wondering. What kind of car is that?? A friend posted the pic on my facebook page, and I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm stumped. I actually have seen one before, probably read about it somewhere, but it obviously failed to make the needed impression.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It's a Toyota RAV4. Oh wait, you are talking about the red one?

To my eyes, its some sort of kit car - of which there are a bajillion.

There are elements of Radical (front), Ultima GTR, etc. The back end looks off (too pointy). Looks to be more of a track only car.

No side view mirrors. I'd bet it's not street legal.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I saw the Ultima GTR elements, especially in the front. The slab sides are very LMP-ish (circa 1980s group C), but the proportions are very kit car (although better than most), making me wonder if it is track worthy, let alone street legal.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
I think it does have outside mirrors. And it does have side marker lights. Also crazy roll-up side windows. I couldn't get the logo on the side in any better focus. Also, is the driver in the middle or on the right, or just leaning forward?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
saw that car (exact one I'm pretty sure) at the Rodeo Dr Concours this year..

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
EricTheBastard,
Thanks, it was making me crazy. I had seen one once online, but could not remember the make. It is somewhat Lotusy, performance through light weight concept.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
saw that car (exact one I'm pretty sure) at the Rodeo Dr Concours this year..
Was it on display or just parked in the area? Rodeo Dr. is invitation only and I'm absolutely positive that one of these would never receive an invitation.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
it was on display...I thought I had a picture but don't. I couldn't make it up though, Ramtin may chime in he was there with me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts