The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought fellow Lotus guys would appreciate my latest track bike.

I picked up a Kramer HKR Evo 2 to replace my current lightweight / ULW - it's essentially a kit bike with KTM motor, custom frame and sub-frame and wheels/axles/brakes from KTM parts.

Here's the kicker and what makes it even more Lotus-like: It makes twice the power of a comparable ULW bike in its class and weighs a whopping 75 lbs less than any of them. To put this in perspective, a Yamaha R3 weighs 350 wet and makes 40 hp while the Kramer weighs 275 wet and makes 80 hp. A real "class killer" as its called.

It's the ultimate expression of simplify and add lightness that I had it painted to match the Lotus! (decals are a work in progress)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! A modern-day TZ250... What tracks are you riding it on? Trackday fun or club racing?
Thanks troyus. I do race CCS/CMRA but just had a baby this season so took this year off. Just trackdays over the winter.

·
Registered
453 Posts
How much of a kit is it? Frame in one box, engine in another, then all the fairing/electronics/bolt ones? Or more of a wheels off, add fluids?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much of a kit is it? Frame in one box, engine in another, then all the fairing/electronics/bolt ones? Or more of a wheels off, add fluids?
In Europe Kramer build them to your spec from an options list.
I said kit bike since it uses various parts from various KTMs. There is no assembly required - Kramer Motorcycles USA is their US distributor that you can buy directly from, and there are two dealers on either coast as well. They do all the assembly and ship you a ready to race bike. Motor is even heat cycled and oil changed prior to shipment, so all you do is put gas in it and go racing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice bike

I have always thought Buell (especially their last few years) was similar to lotus, always down on power and light weight vs it’s competitors. I have a Buell 1125CR, girlfriend has a R3

·
Registered
278 Posts
NC25T - lucky dog! I miss my 1125CR!! Best bike I ever owned, absolute demon on twisty back roads.

OP - that is a really cool bike! I need to look into that company.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NC25T - lucky dog! I miss my 1125CR!! Best bike I ever owned, absolute demon on twisty back roads.

OP - that is a really cool bike! I need to look into that company.
Just give me a buzz next time you are in DFW and I will show you the real thing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts