The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go from power to manual windows. It seems the swap is not hard mechanically.

Anyone have manual door window kit hanging around ? thanks !

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just like the idea of it for some reason. I mean who would think a fancy pants car like a Lotus would have roll up windows ? It's throwback, and those polished crankpulls at eliseparts are pretty trick units with Bling factor. The existing up down button not so much... besides it will give me more to maintain on the vehicle...

I am in no rush and not certain what it really entails swapping them out. I can't imagine many people are going to rush behind me on this one ! heh

I will do some more research and hopefully find a thread or something that goes a little further indepth with the swap out from power to manual. peacb

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure how that would work ?

I just believe someone has converted an elige to total track duty and taken the kit out. . I also have to believe I am moving counter to normal trend and most people are not wanting mechanical crank.

I just don't want to give up my power window setup for a mechanical one. That way of course I could change my mind in the future .

I am sure sooner or later something will show up !

·
Registered
831 Posts
Mortard, I swapped out the power windows for manual a few years ago just because I liked the roll up look and thought it fit right with the car. There is no kit, just the correct part numbers. It bolts right in.

I got mine from a guy who did the reverse in England, whee the cars come with the roll ups standard except in the highest trim. There are also a few here in the US where the car doesn't have the touring pack, mostly from 2005.

I know most guys think its sacrilege to call the dealer, but that's right where I'd go and find out how much the crank and gear would run. My dealer, Auto Europe, keeps a parts car around too for the little stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.