The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I have removed my entire engine harness except for that stupid knock sensor connector. Frikkin' thing is tucked up under the intake manifold. I can reach it well enough to press the retaining clip, but I can't pull it out. I have had the best luck coming in from the top (my clam is removed), but I can also get pretty close from the bottom. Is it even possible to get this stupid connector off without removing the intake?

Which knock sensor did Lotus? Stud type or threaded? I am thinking I might be able to snip the wires, reach a socket in there, remove the sensor, pop off the old connector, replace the sensor, then connect the new harness. I can't see well enough in there though, and the pictures I can find are from a variety of models and year (with Celicas thrown in. Thanks, google), but I believe it is the stud type.

For reference, my goal is to swap out my mutilated harness with a brand new one. I also had a clam hinge on the docket, so it made since do them both at once. I don't mind cutting my harness since some dingbat has already done that. A lot.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For posterity's sake, I was able to get the connector by climbing under the car with a long screwdriver, depressed the tab, and my wife pulled by the wire with a downward pull. Prior to that, I had been able to reach it from up top but not well enough to pull as hard as necessary

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts