The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A new prospective owner looking at this 87 Turbo Esprit.

Not allowed to post URL but if you search for the VIN SCCFC20AXHHF60967 you'll see it easily.

It has 74K miles - when I was looking for my 87 Esprit in 2016, I thought I knew all of them ;-)

But I don't recognize it - wondering if someone here knew any past history.

history records say:

1989-91 - Saint Louis Missouri
<gap>
95-97 - Madison, Alabama
98-99 - Gainsville, Florida
2000 - Stone Mountain, Georgia
2001 - Smyrna, Georgia
2002-03 - Daleville, Alabama
2004-06 - Enterprise Alabama
2007-17 - New Brockton, Alabama
2018- today - Omaha, Nebraska

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,856 Posts
Don't feel bad...people think I know every Esprit in the NYC metro area, but plenty of unknown examples show up FS on a regular basis.o_O

Recently a VERY low mileage late G-car came to light around here...only ~1200 miles! (The Bosch FI was practically fossilized, though) Had been garaged for years by a gentleman who wasn't a 'joiner'.:sick:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Also lack of engine photos makes one wonder what condition that's in. New looking but color mis-matched seats makes me suspect this was taken as a trade in and given a hasty cosmetic freshening.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Even if someone responds and knows the car, unless they know the service history, it is meaningless. If the "prospective owner" is really interested in this car, he should ask for the car's service history. If the seller can't produce it, either the price should reflect that it will need everything or the buyer should keep looking. The fact that for much of it's recent history it has been bought and sold quickly could mean it has problems and it got passed along.
David Teitelbaum

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent the potential buyer nearly 2 pages of gory details of what to examine - Yes - the service history is non-existant - I told him the fact the website didn't even have a description was a red flag. And the lack of engine and chassis photos was a real big red flag. But if someone already knew the history (negative?) still missing, it would cut to the chase whether to pursue this one.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Also lack of engine photos makes one wonder what condition that's in. New looking but color mis-matched seats makes me suspect this was taken as a trade in and given a hasty cosmetic freshening.
The center console armrest is not correct either.

·
Registered
‘83 Turbo Esprit
32 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum and had also noticed this car. Has anyone heard any more about the vehicle and its condition? Did the original poster ever check out the car?

I sent the potential buyer nearly 2 pages of gory details of what to examine - Yes - the service history is non-existant - I told him the fact the website didn't even have a description was a red flag. And the lack of engine and chassis photos was a real big red flag. But if someone already knew the history (negative?) still missing, it would cut to the chase whether to pursue this one.

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, I'm new to the forum and had also noticed this car. Has anyone heard any more about the vehicle and its condition? Did the original poster ever check out the car?
I haven't heard any follow up.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
It’s been a while since I’ve seriously looked ar G-Car prices, but isn’t $27K on the high side for a pristine one?

·
Registered
‘83 Turbo Esprit
32 Posts
I would love to see the 2 pages of gory detail on what to examine if you wouldn't mind sharing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts