The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ok ok ok, only a handful of people will know what I mean, but I'm announcing my return to Lotus. I sold my 2005 Lotus Elise back in July and man... I miss it. It's only been a few months and I wanted to gun after the R8 or Vantage... But I'm only trying to fill a void that only the Lotus can fill! We're talking the raw man and machine, no driving assistance, grin on your face cause it's all lightness and power, defying physics (to a degree)! I just plain miss it.

So I have to be smart about this. I'm 25 and will be jumping into property investments and looking for my long term home soon, but I want to balance a weekend car in this as well. R8 and Vantage just won't work out... why spend thousands on a car I really won't "abuse". So why not just get a Lotus Elise again? Hell YES! That's right - I'm shopping for another one! So if any of you have a friend that wants to let theirs go, I'm interested! I plan on buying a 2005/2006 model, get it painted a custom blue (in honor of my old elise) and have that engine ramped up like crazy (400rwhp+ hopefully). I got my daily driver FR-S which is ok and I was going to turbocharge it, but I need a car that is just for driving...

Anyways, rambling on now - please PM me if you're selling your Elise!!! :coolnana::coolnana::coolnana:

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
For some reason, I figured you'd be back! I also needed somebody who I can trust to take through the city when the need arises. Glad you're thinking straight, welcome back!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Story of my life. That's why ive owned 4.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Good choice!
I bought a Vantage to fill my Elise void when I sold mine - ended up selling the Vantage after 3 mos.
Missed my old Elise - picked up another.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
You tool the Elise over an R8? you definitely need DR Phil!! BTW WTF is a Vantage?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You tool the Elise over an R8? you definitely need DR Phil!! BTW WTF is a Vantage?
James Bond's Favorite car maker, Aston Martin!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've made my choice! LoL. There are more R8's where I am than Elises anyway. It'd be awesome to have an Elise that launches faster than a Ferrari/Lamborghini/R8/all of that... Cheaper too!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
So Which did you choose?

I've made my choice! LoL. There are more R8's where I am than Elises anyway. It'd be awesome to have an Elise that launches faster than a Ferrari/Lamborghini/R8/all of that... Cheaper too!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, that was in response to RENDERMAN's comment on elise vs. R8. I inquired about one vehicle and was contacted from a potential seller... Still open on the search!

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post lol

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
KochinoPride,
I watch your quandry with great interest. I was frustrated with my car a couple months back and considered selling it. I asked myself the essential question: What would I replace it with, and decided it was better to suck it up and stick with the lotus. I have never owned a car which had such a mixture of sublime joy and intense frustration before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
KochinoPride,
I watch your quandry with great interest. I was frustrated with my car a couple months back and considered selling it. I asked myself the essential question: What would I replace it with, and decided it was better to suck it up and stick with the lotus. I have never owned a car which had such a mixture of sublime joy and intense frustration before.
If you don't mind me asking, what's frustrating about it? Thinking about getting in to an Elise myself, I have a few other cars I'm looking at, but the Elise is the main contender. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what's frustrating about it? Thinking about getting in to an Elise myself, I have a few other cars I'm looking at, but the Elise is the main contender. Thanks in advance!
There are literally hundreds of threads on this. Type into your Google search bar; site:lotustalk.com Elise frustrating

Substitute the last portion with any search string you want to find what you are looking for....

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
KochinoPride,
In the few years I've been around here I've never heard anyone describe the Elise as well as you have :clap: :bow: as a matter of fact I'm using your quote in my sig..... yesterday I made a sharp right turn and the passenger door sounded like it was possessed, I'm afraid to look in there, heck I'm waiting to hear a voice that tells me "Get out!!" BTW Cochino, if you need some extra 10MM bolts i have about 4 or 5 inside my driver's side door i don't bother to pick them up anymore I'm waiting for the glass co collapse so i can do them all at the same time (<this is not a joke..) I bet that doen't happen to the R8!!

To me The Else is like a 5 dollar crack head prostitute, you want to help them straighten out their lives but they're so good at that they do, yo just deal with it... :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are literally hundreds of threads on this. Type into your Google search bar; site:lotustalk.com Elise frustrating

Substitute the last portion with any search string you want to find what you are looking for....
With all due respect, I know how to search, I was just looking for his personal experience. I've been swallowing information from here non stop for the past two weeks or so, but thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Here's an example of my frustration, besides my car been possessed I refuse to drive my car in the rain, I don't mean in a rain storm just plain raining. For starters the windshield fogs up and since the AC sucks after 30 minutes is pretty much useless, the car feels very light an unstable at high speeds, the windows leak, it just simply sucks!! so now even if is cloudy I won't take the car out, maybe I'm getting old...

So in reference to the prostitute, I'm having so much fun with my car I don't care if I catch a disease!! rotfl

·
Registered
831 Posts
We just finished a weekend with the Great Lakes Lotus Club at Grattan raceway in Michigan, every run in the rain or the track wet. Drove 100+ miles each way to get there, most all of it in the rain. Had a total blast doing 110+ mph on a wet track on AO48's, and had a total of over 4 hours doing hot laps. A little AC defogged everything just fine.

YMMV.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
My frustration (this time) was centered about Magnuson (an American manufacturer) not having parts available to repair a MP62 supercharger for over 3 months. Dropped off the car for a warranty supercharger repair in the first week of August, *might* get it back in November.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts