The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in the LA (or SoCal area) have one of these cables that I might be able to meet up with you and use for a few minutes? I want to get the kold fire tune, but I dont want to send out my ECU if possible, and I dont want to spend $500 on a cable that i will probably use just once!:D Thanks, and shoot me a PM if you can help me out.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I thought the software was coded to work with just 1 ecu. This is to discourage people from sharing, and not ponying up to buy a cable.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You cannot share the cable ... it is VIN locked so it will only work with the car it was purchased for.

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
You can't use the cable for multiple vehicle's unless you have the more expensive cable which only tuner shops have. I recommend going to VSA motorsports. The can do that for you.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I talked to VSA last week, they dont have a cable. I guess I'll just send the ECU out if I decide to do it. Does anyone know if DRS has the cable?

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
DRS does have the Dealer cable.

And yes, of course, it's locked down to one car. Careful about testing the rules here. If you try to pair the cable to another's car, the cable will lock and bricks itself so that it cannot be used on the original car either. Not trying to be mean about it, but it's a one-user licence and the security coding is pretty strict in that sense...

Cheers!

Phil

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Fancy lol, good thing I didn't accidentally grenade somebody's cable. I'll give DRS a call. And Phil, I just wanted to say thank you! I think you helped get to the bottom of an issue I was having with my car. The guys over @ VSA said they spoke with you regarding a limp mode issue that I'm having due to what we think is a faulty intake VVT cam gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts