The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I have in on mine and the power gain was very noticeable. After the install of the free flow exhaust system, it even gained more power since the tune is actually for both. In my case was a great investment and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Resurrecting this quasi-old thread asking for more opinions on the EV290. I have the Radium CAI and have a decat on order. I'm wondering if the tune will be noticeable in daily spirited driving. I plan to only track my car maybe once a year if I'm lucky, so if the tune will only really benefit those who track regularly, it isn't worth it for me. Did you feel any torque gains at lower RPM's or is it all top end improvements? Was it more of less of a difference than the Radium CAI? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have purchased it - I will report back once the tune is more appropriate for my car.
^ Not exactly an overwhelming vote of confidence in the tune :shrug: Anxiously awaiting your final analysis.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I'm not worried at all - Phil is a good guy with a great reputation. My car will be sorted out soon enough and making plenty of power :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
So you bought the custom tune, or are they working with you on the standard EV290? Thx!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
We need a list of HP gains with various parts etc.
CAI alone appears to be 290-292HP.
With exhaust it appears to be ~300
With that tune and the above parts it appears to be ~310
Ramtim's setup is ~320HP.

25-30 HP I would expect to be quite noticeable even on the street. Chime in folks and lets get this made into a sticky once the details are sorted out.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If that proves to be accurate . . . $1k tune for only 10HP doesn't seem to be a good bargain for my dollar.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I just received another tune today. Phil thinks it is due to my car just being different and I tend to believe him. I am going to do it tomorrow when I have time to do a proper initial learning map for the ECU. Then next week after a good 100+ miles I'll do another Dyno run and see where we are.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Per the BOE Website:

"Our OBD-2 tuning cable is required for this tune."

That says to me that in addition to the $795 for the tune, you have to buy the $495 cable separately. Currently I have no need for a $500 cable beyond applying the EV290 reflash. I already have two (MUCH cheaper, but 100% functional) ODBII cables.

I really, really want a reflash to work magic on this car, but the cost/benefit isn't looking good to me now. $500 and my Audi suddenly had 50 more HP. Of course it is a turbo car and those tune much easier.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wish it wasn't the case but it is all that is out there right now.
Very true, and I know the developers of the cable and software are looking at a very small market. So they have to recoup their R&D over very few sales.

BTW, thanks for being an early adopter and posting your feedback and experience here. I for one do appreciate it.

·
Illegal Alien
4,623 Posts
Per the BOE Website:

"Our OBD-2 tuning cable is required for this tune."

That says to me that in addition to the $795 for the tune, you have to buy the $495 cable separately. Currently I have no need for a $500 cable beyond applying the EV290 reflash. I already have two (MUCH cheaper, but 100% functional) ODBII cables.

I really, really want a reflash to work magic on this car, but the cost/benefit isn't looking good to me now. $500 and my Audi suddenly had 50 more HP. Of course it is a turbo car and those tune much easier.
Sorry, you are correct. I got the koldfiretune and cable with my ok motel header-cat package. It has been awhile someone maybe komotec was stating cable and tune in package. Wish obdii cable was all needed. We are paying for koldfiretune breaking the ecu code and their unfortunate need to spread costs over a very small market.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts