The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 NA Elise. I'm ordering a Larini sports exhaust:

Larini Sports Exhaust System with Slash Tips for the Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111

and I'm trying to figure out which ECU tune to get.

I've seen a lot about the Kold-Fire Sport 200 tune:

BOE Fabrication - Lotus Elise, Exige, and Evora Performance ECM Tuning Products

I've also seen Vision Function's NA ECU Flash:

Natural Aspirated ECU Flash - Vision Function - Supercharge your Lotus

I've ruled out the Lotus Sport ECU because it just lowers the high cam engagement rpm and it does nothing for HP or torque.

Which tune do you think I should get? Should I consider the Lotus Sport ECU?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Vf is what I have its pretty much the same as the boe reflash. You can only do but so much with these engines in stock n/a form. Vision function was very nice and helpful during the process for me good folks there. Just my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
80 Posts
Love my Vision Function tune considering it's a Charlie-X tune (the original NA tune from VF not the "new" one). I've had it on my car 18,000+ miles now and it's been great, between 60 mile commute to work everyday and a track weekend I can't be happier with the fuel economy and the power difference.

·
Registered
266 Posts
So, basically, the reflash is a thousand dollars for 4 HP, or $250/HP?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm considering doing an N/A tune for my decat & Larini SE & Cup Box equipped Elise. Seeing the tunes posted on VF's website, they advertise fewer dyno hp/tq figures compared to the more expensive Kold Fire Sport 200 tune. Kold Fire Sport dyno (I assume wheel) resulted in 200(w)hp while VF's dyno (I assume wheel) resulted at roughly 180(w)hp. Am I reading these correctly?

Will either of these eliminate my CEL due to the Larini Decat I have? If I wanted to go back to stock, do I have to ship my ECU back to them and will it cost "labor" to revert back to stock? Right now, I have a Lotus Sport ECU.

·
Vendor
6,305 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm considering doing an N/A tune for my decat & Larini SE & Cup Box equipped Elise. Seeing the tunes posted on VF's website, they advertise fewer dyno hp/tq figures compared to the more expensive Kold Fire Sport 200 tune. Kold Fire Sport dyno (I assume wheel) resulted in 200(w)hp while VF's dyno (I assume wheel) resulted at roughly 180(w)hp. Am I reading these correctly?

Will either of these eliminate my CEL due to the Larini Decat I have? If I wanted to go back to stock, do I have to ship my ECU back to them and will it cost "labor" to revert back to stock? Right now, I have a Lotus Sport ECU.
We have both the Kold-fire and Torque 200 tunes available. The torque tunes can have any emissions parameters changed you want and make more midrange power than either VF or KF tunes. Top end will be comparable on all 3. The midrange punch is going to be best on the Torque 200 tune though. I don't have that tune on my website yet, but it's available.

It comes with the fastworks software which can pull and reset codes, offers data logging and expandable to a full ECU editing suite. Tunes are uploaded through the OBD2 port as well... Price is 850 plus 160 for the cable for the tune and software...

Currently available on 05-07 models...

-Phil

·
Registered
92 Posts
Kold-Fire's 200 seemingly whp is equal to the whp of an Elise SC....really?
I wasn't aware that BOE offers N/A tunes for the Elise. Of all the N/A tunes, which one offers the best overall engine health, durability, reliability?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts