The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody with a 08-09 Exige s 240 have this tune in their car? I want to upgrade a little and going from 240-270with a little more torque seems reasonable and I won't have to replace stock bits or or worry about engine trans damage at that level I feel. Pluse the stock air fuel ratio is lean and the car has a rough stalling idle sometimes . any input on this tune? Kind of sick of waiting for the boe tune for 2008 + cars ...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Does anybody with a 08-09 Exige s 240 have this tune in their car? I want to upgrade a little and going from 240-270with a little more torque seems reasonable and I won't have to replace stock bits or or worry about engine trans damage at that level I feel. Pluse the stock air fuel ratio is lean and the car has a rough stalling idle sometimes . any input on this tune? Kind of sick of waiting for the boe tune for 2008 + cars ...
Can't tell you on 08-09, but I have it on my 2007s and it's very smooth/strong. My car had the typical problems stalling coming to a stop, sometimes in the heat, etc... ALL gone. Just drives as it should have from the factory. Just replaced plugs/coilpacks this weekend as preventive maintenance, and the plugs looked perfect. Wish I could help you on the 'delta' from an 08-09 car, but I can say that it's a solid tune for sure.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I can second Gokart3's "solid tune" assessment. I've been running it on my '08 S240 for 3 years now and it's definitely an improvement over the stock tune. Idle is steady (never stalls), light throttle transitions are smoother, never any CEL's. My butt dyno registered a modest power bump when first installed, but without hard data, I can't swear it wasn't placebo effect.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have it since september 2010, along with a 3.1" pulley.
i was, i think, the first european customer to get it (got it from Komotec). my car still going strong ever since

·
Registered
348 Posts
Kind of sick of waiting for the boe tune for 2008 + cars ...
I've been told by several that the wait will be well worth it. I had a Koldfire 270 tune that I sold before I installed it in order to wait for the Torque 300+. I've more anxious than anyone because I have a pile of mods I need to install at the same time as the Torque 300+, and the pile is collecting dust. However, I'll continue to wait as long as I can, because I think the BOE Torque 300+ is going to be "that good"! :panic: :D

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,104 Posts
The S240 has more than enough low end grunt off the line and in the lower gears. Do these aftermarket tunes address the lack of top-end power?
My 240 falls on its face around 110...meaning acceleration is much,much slower afterwards.

The car does stall frequently after placing in neutral when rolling to a stop. But, other than stalling the factory tune is great. Much better than the VF2 tune at idle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts