The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i would share with you all my experience of having KOMO-TEC's 280S kit. I purchased the kit directly from the owner of the company Daniel and had it shipped out of Germany to Canada. I decided to go with the complete kit including the sport catalyst and muffler. I'm currently having the installation done by a local shop that specializes in race prepping high performance European vehicles.

Looking forward to picking up the car this week, will share my overall experience for these here interested. :drool:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I thought i would share with you all my experience of having KOMO-TEC's 280S kit. I purchased the kit directly from the owner of the company Daniel and had it shipped out of Germany to Canada. I decided to go with the complete kit including the sport catalyst and muffler. I'm currently having the installation done by a local shop that specializes in race prepping high performance European vehicles.

Looking forward to picking up the car this week, will share my overall experience for these here interested. :drool:
dont forget dyno numbers and pics...congrats :up:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hope their map will suit the fuel you have there?
Congrats on your purchase tho and keep us up to date :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Congradulations....can't wait to see it
Come out to the track with us......

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
link to kit info. Im too lazy to search:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I plan on tacking pictures of the installation and will post them here. I will also be taking it to the Dyno Shop and will also post the sheets.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The performance kit Exige S 280 consists of:
* Intercooler Air/Water (in exchange)
* Electrical Water Pump
* Water Hoses
* Front Water Radiator for Intercooler
* Modified ECU Phase 2
* KOMO-TEC Airbox
* Special Injectors
* Sports Catalyst
* Fitting Materials
The installation is being done at EU Autowerks located in Woodbridge, Ontario just north of Toronto, Canada. EU Autowerks
Thanks, The ECU was calibrated for 92 octane fuel, I'm currently using 94 octane.
Thanks, Which track and when??
KOMO-TEC's Website is: KOMO-TEC The 280S kit link is:KOMO-TEC - Exige S Phase 2: Mehrleistung ca 60PS

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pictures of the KOMO-TEC Muffler & Catalyst

Here are some pictures of the Light Weight Exhaust and High Flow Racing Catalytic Converter that came with the kit.

Also, the OEM Catalyst and Upgraded Stage II Muffler that is being replaced. -eek-

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
There are a bunch of track days coming up. The next I know of is at Mosport DDT on May 18. It is an inexpensive day, fun little track.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Im Jealous

Dave's car is already pretty awesome...he's done some small mods to the car already to make it just about perfect. I can't wait to see this thing on the street. I thought I was one-upping him when i got delivery of the first 240s in Canada but he managed to dethrone me once again. Good luck buddy.

-on a side note: i wanna come to the track day too so long as i can try and do my first service before the date. can you PM me details? thanks!

Luca

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great choice using courtney at EUautowerks...
Thanks, I appreciate the referral you gave me regarding them. Tough to find a shop that you can trust that has their kind of depth. The place is packed wall to wall.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
keep in touch i would like to see the car` when you are done.
No problem. If your by Courtney's shop, stop in and take a look.

Heres some pictures of the KOMO-TEC exhaust installed. The quality of the workmanship is very good. I like the solid stainless steel catalyst tube flange where it bolts to the manifold, the OEM stamped out unit rattled and leaked.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Nice looking pipes. So you are using the stock header?
Just noticed on the photo of the parts prior to installationthere doesn't seem to be a drivers side hanger rod on the muffler. How is it secured? Are you using the 3rd O2 bung for a air/fuel mixture gauge?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice looking pipes. So you are using the stock header?
Just noticed on the photo of the parts prior to installationthere doesn't seem to be a drivers side hanger rod on the muffler. How is it secured? Are you using the 3rd O2 bung for a air/fuel mixture gauge?
There is a hanger rod on the drivers side, the rod has been replaced by a bracket on the passenger side which is located off of the original hanger location. The second bung is for the air/fuel mixture gauge.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ah.....that makes sense

There is a hanger rod on the drivers side, the rod has been replaced by a bracket on the passenger side which is located off of the original hanger location. The second bung is for the air/fuel mixture gauge.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks great! What was the kit price? Tks.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts