The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Personaaly, I'd rather support our American parts suppliers like Inokinetic, GRP, Hethelsport...they are in it for us as long we we support them....now more than ever!

Reactions: dogtag114

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personaaly, I'd rather support our American parts suppliers like Inokinetic, GRP, Hethelsport...they are in it for us as long we we support them....now more than ever!
Do we have other options for lighter and/or better brakes for the Evora 400/GT? I looked around a lot in the past and really didn't find anything. IMO posts like this really need to be accompanied with links.

·
Administrator
1,419 Posts

Reactions: nosirrahx

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That link specifically mentions the Evora and Evora S and does not mention the 400 and GT. I would assume that BOE does not have brakes for the 400 and GT?

When I have searched in the past this is consistently what I found. It was easier to find certain upgrades for the older Evora.

EDIT:

Confirmed : "Evora S and Evora NA only at this time. Stay tuned for Evora 400! "

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
All for supporting ‘murica but there just aren’t a lot of options for this platform worldwide, let alone “locally”.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's funny reading a comment like that posted by someone driving an obscure, hand made British car. Every single car in your signature is un-American!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I would like to see someone make a carbon fiber steering wheel, dont care what country it comes
from

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I would like to see someone make a carbon fiber steering wheel, dont care what country it comes
from
Not to derail this thread but since you mention it.....you might want to reach out to Craft Customs and see what they can do for you. They do hand laid carbon fiber on steering wheels. I sent them a Lotus wheel to recover for me (I wasn't looking for carbon fiber) with a drawing of what I wanted and they did a phenomenal job.

But, enough of that....... back to Komo-tec brakes upgrades. OP, sorry for the drift.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
China, if you care to support that viral nation, will make you anything in CF......

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
China, if you care to support that viral nation, will make you anything in CF......
Yea screw China, but we are stuck with them owning Lotus now :). I have a guy in Russia who makes a lot of carbon fiber parts for me but I would need to send him my wheel. Was going to do that when I put car away for winter but GRP said they will have a wheel soon but that never happened

·
Registered
275 Posts
Most ignorant remark. Not surprised, since you seem to fit the stereotype: speak loudly about supporting American, but buy foreign products all around when it suits your interest. Somehow, your alfa/lotus/land rover/whatever else is OK but China is not?
Put your money where your mouth is. Go buy an American car if you truly want to support America. Else, don't be a hypocrite.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are the Komo-Tec ones that different than the Girodisc ULTRAdiscs?
I don't see the size for the discs from InoKinetic - are they stock sizes?
The Komo-tec disks are slightly larger than stock, as well as being 32mm thick both front and rear. If the InoKinetic discs are stock sized, or stick with a thinner disc in the rear, I'd say that's a pretty big difference between them. Beyond that, the KT discs are floating in the front only, with rear being normal fixed setup. KT does full floating setups for some of the other cars, so no idea why they went that route on the Evora, but they are pretty sharp guys, so I'm sure they have their reasons. Makes me a bit curious as to what they are running on their Evora race car though - I'll have to peek at it next time I'm in there.
Looks like the KT discs are made for them by PFC - so probably very similar to the full floating KT discs I have on the 3-11, which I've been pretty happy with.. and if it matters, PFC is an American company, just like Girodisc.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Most ignorant remark. Not surprised, since you seem to fit the stereotype: speak loudly about supporting American, but buy foreign products all around when it suits your interest. Somehow, your alfa/lotus/land rover/whatever else is OK but China is not?
Put your money where your mouth is. Go buy an American car if you truly want to support America. Else, don't be a hypocrite.
Your post is borderline. Play nicely please. Thanks.

San

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I don't see the size for the discs from InoKinetic - are they stock sizes?
The Komo-tec disks are slightly larger than stock, as well as being 32mm thick both front and rear. If the InoKinetic discs are stock sized, or stick with a thinner disc in the rear, I'd say that's a pretty big difference between them. Beyond that, the KT discs are floating in the front only, with rear being normal fixed setup. KT does full floating setups for some of the other cars, so no idea why they went that route on the Evora, but they are pretty sharp guys, so I'm sure they have their reasons. Makes me a bit curious as to what they are running on their Evora race car though - I'll have to peek at it next time I'm in there.
Looks like the KT discs are made for them by PFC - so probably very similar to the full floating KT discs I have on the 3-11, which I've been pretty happy with.. and if it matters, PFC is an American company, just like Girodisc.
The problem with the rear disc setup is the parking brake is inside the rear hub. Normally, when switching to a floating rear, you eliminate the parking brake. There are floating rears available, just no parking brake. BOE and EliseParts have floating rears.

Later,
Eldon

1 - 20 of 33 Posts