The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
BTW the kit is now on the German Komotec website for 5890 €. They confirm the egine in/out exercise (valued at 1000€, which seems cheap).

I may have to plan a trip to Mendig this year:drool:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I just got into the website and saw the Evo410.
Thanks for the info.
Now, gotta wait for my new Evora S for 3months...dang..

·
Illegal Alien
4,615 Posts
BTW the kit is now on the German Komotec website for 5890 €. They confirm the egine in/out exercise (valued at 1000€, which seems cheap).

I am lost by the pricing almost 2000 Euro over stage 1S just for a pulley and tweek on tune. Also 1000 Euro over Exige version which is same engine, same parts, same tune, etc. Maybe 5890 is inclusive of the extra 1000 engine pull ??? figures just don't match.

·
Illegal Alien
4,615 Posts

I am lost by the pricing almost 2000 € over stage 1S just for a pulley and tweek on tune, what the ...??? Also 1000 € over Exige version which is same engine, same parts, same tune, etc. Maybe 5890 € is inclusive of the extra 1000 € engine pull ??? figures just don't match.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
The 2000€ includes the cost of the engine in/out, so 1000 € for that is very fair.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
That is pretty cheap for all the labor to get the clam off/on etc...

Its a 31.5 hour billable job for a clutch...

·
Illegal Alien
4,615 Posts
Well I looked at my car and the engine and Lotus service manuals. First the good news, the crankshaft pulley is held by one bolt (unfortunately 184 ftlbs) and does not effect crankshaft endplay, so no special shimming (unlike a rotary, haha). Unless it is an issue with space for tools, i.e. pulley puller, torque wench and counter torqueing bar etc.. I just do not see why the engine needs to come out. To me it looks harder to reroute the drive belt and the manual claims this is done though the wheel well, while I have not pulled it seems that between underside access and wheel arch access, the pulley could be changed. How, I am not going to pay someone more than $500-600 dollars, list price of stock pulley. I could have a custom one machined for about that.

Phil reminded me that this pulley is also the harmonic balancer so it requires an engineered solution, ATI Custom .. so a one off my well be a $1k part

121 - 129 of 129 Posts