The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I was waiting for this post to come at some point, but the whole story is just taking too loong, and since its 99% completed will post couple pics and small descriptors:

Front
* notice the heat exchanger

Front 2

Front 3 - HID

Interior

Interior - other side

Sexy Back

Boot

Engine Area

Engine Area 2

Boston's PRO 50 SE

Larini

Hard top

Doors

So the base is european Elise S(1ZZ-FE) n/a - 135hp.

I have installed Eaton Supercharger kit from Komo-Tec and AP Clutch supplied by them. As a small note - i would defiantly recommend Komo-Tec for all of you who is thinking regarding the SC upgrade. My installation as an example has been done here in Cyprus by local Lotus, Maserati, Ferrari dealers - Motortrend(thank you guys, great job!) and they managed to do seamless install with all materials(installation guides) that Daniel from Komo-Tec provided. Thanks Daniel!

On papers this will give 220 hp, however i expect to get more out of it(have installed proper larini system - Sports cat + Exaust)*thanks to Yvo from elise-shop.com* and keeping in mind that will be running only on 100 octane(sold everywhere here) theoretically with slightly higher boost will give 240(???) - at least i hope for a good kick out from it.

As you can see whole body is carbon fiber - this has been supplied by Revozport from HK. And its a TOTAL mess. On pics it looks good(again thanks to local dealers Motortrend they did great job) it did finally fit, but Ken from Revoz messed up EVERYTHING: all parts came for rover based elise.... which meant that i had to change ALL fittings(appx 2000eur) and buy new head lamps(1200eur). Ok in the end it looks astonishing, but if i could re-think - wouldn't even bother.

Wheels - those are Team Dynamics(again thanks Daniel - KomoTec) on Kumhos V70(17 front + 18 rear).

Prior to this upgrate i was using the car as daily driver and it was fantastic, hope to use it daily as well after a pick up....

P.S. I will post more once will have fun during the 1st week end after pick up - hopefully this week end. yeay!!

Cheers to everyone!

·
Registered
43 Posts
pretty impressive stuff. i really like your dash, and that carbon body is definately sexy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice looking car!

I have the the similar rear clam as you. Spend 1K USD just for the fitting, and its still not perfect. Still leave a slight gap between the clam and the door. I wish I know its for the Rover engine before I bought it. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking car!

I have the the similar rear clam as you. Spend 1K USD just for the fitting, and its still not perfect. Still leave a slight gap between the clam and the door. I wish I know its for the Rover engine before I bought it. :mad:
Looks damn good!

Did you order from revoz as well?

Haha, my second car is legacy b4 turbo limited as well ...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks damn good!

Did you order from revoz as well?

Haha, my second car is legacy b4 turbo limited as well ...
Thats funny rotfl. Yea, Legacy GT is also my dialy drive. I guess lotus people think the same lol.

I didn't bought it directly from revoz, but I don't think there are that many companies that make CF rear clams, especially for the rover spec one, so its probably from the same company.

Mine come with the wing attached though, its already preinstalled and competely sealed into the rear clam, looks kinda like its one piece construction on first glance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats funny rotfl. Yea, Legacy GT is also my dialy drive. I guess lotus people think the same lol.

I didn't bought it directly from revoz, but I don't think there are that many companies that make CF rear clams, especially for the rover spec one, so its probably from the same company.

Mine come with the wing attached though, its already preinstalled and competely sealed into the rear clam, looks kinda like its one piece construction on first glance.
yeah true.

how do you find that rear diffuser? coz i left mine pretty much stock

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks nice, why did you decide to stick with the 1zz?
Well long story short - here in Cyprus there are not many lotuses, so as soon as i saw it i bought it, not many to choose from... and then of course i thought, why don't i install.....

·
Registered
466 Posts
+1 | Daniel and his team at Komo-Tec. Their latest ISO9001 certification is a proof of their well established tuning expertise and vast experience. :up:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just got the car back yesterday, what i can can say so far - it kicks ass. Oh man, i didnt expect THAT...

Feel of the ride with the new wheels is excellent(was worrying a bit due to the size upgrade).

Have minor issues with ECU and mapping, but as Daniel said it will go away after the ECU will learn. Will take appx 300-400km. After 150km driving - already feel the difference(there was a lag in the 2-3k rpm range).

Totally kicks ass - and the sound, its amazing!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome car!

Any updates?
Thanks and apologies for delay in reply's

Updates - that the beast is running OK. No issues what so ever. Done 27k km with the kit, amazing. Will be changing SC oil hopefully soon. Cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts