1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Not the first, best case the 3rd. Martin has the first (on my recommendation as his car had an engine out repair) and then KomoTec must have done at least one more as they already have the kit on the website.

My car is planned for March (when the winter tires come off).:nanner:

·
Illegal Alien
5,318 Posts
Also not the 1st n/a to S transformation, Ramtin1000 did his a year and a half ago, and while no pulley change at that time, his power with CAI and custom tunes was high enough at wheels to probably be over 400 @ the flywheel. Even my car with my sig mods, has brushed 400 flywheel of a cool dry day and we are not the only ones in US running S with Headers, intakes and custom tunes.

It is important to remember that none of these power reports are absolute, we are measuring with engine in the car thus dynos are measuring torque at the wheels. Car is not moving so air intake pressures are not real life, cooling air flow is simulated.. blah, blah, blah heat soak, blah blah blah, dynos apply resistance and unfortunate byproduct, interia in different ways.. then computer corrections to SAE or DIN standard air temps, humidity and density and to Europe we add in the report out a derived flywheel Hp by trying to determine drive line friction by reversing load.. but for all the hiding behind scientific methods without measuring both power in and power out at each end the derivations are only empirical.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
134 Posts
Julian,

That is all true. The fact still remains that very few shops know how to create real world RELIABLE horsepower. To do that depends on a great many variables. If someone manages to get true 400 WHP out of that motor it would feel fantastic but the jury is out on reliability for the long term. The Evora has a problem with access. It takes far too log to get the engine in and out and therefor not conducive to fiddling with the internals as you might do to free up HP cost effectively.

·
Illegal Alien
5,318 Posts
Give Phil time, he has his guinea pig car.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Give Phil time, he has his guinea pig car.
Let's jsut hope it doesn't end like this :facepalm
Turbo would be great, but it adds a lot of heat that you have to get rid off.

·
shay2nak
25,166 Posts
zomg!

how the hell did that happen?

·
Illegal Alien
5,318 Posts
Let's jsut hope it doesn't end like this :facepalm
Turbo would be great, but it adds a lot of heat that you have to get rid off.

One way to get better access to the clutch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts