The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
At least I did not see any driver passing on the right, in your video.
In the US, so many people go directly to the middle lane, that the majority of the cars are in the center lanes, and then drivers start passing up the right.
You haven't been to Europe for a while, eh ;)

Same here ... but most people don't pass on the right side, most people queue up on the left side in order to overtake the others with 5km/h difference. They even stay on the left in order to overtake the ones they see far away on the horizon.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
You haven't been to Europe for a while, eh ;)

Same here ... but most people don't pass on the right side, most people queue up on the left side in order to overtake the others with 5km/h difference. They even stay on the left in order to overtake the ones they see far away on the horizon.
Fortunately the Evora has left lane clearing rights most of the time!:clap: Generally even the left lane hoggers move right when a Lotus come up with a dramatic speed difference and flashing lights. :no: That alone increases average speed by about 10-20 Kph.:bow: At least on weekdays.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm more glad the Evora has fantastic brakes. Friday, I had a US guy (military plates, and who else would ever drive a Jetta in Germany) pulling in front of me on the Autobahn without reason and speed differential was >100mph.

·
Registered
216 Posts
TBD the link is broken...

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've always been fascinated by the very clean and effective work by the Komo-Tec guys!
I've lusted so much after Komo-Tec mods for my Elise, especially as I'm often full-throttle and feel that the stock NA engine is underpowered.
Unfortunately, my wife would never be OK for me to spend money on making the Elise faster.
This is especially sad as I live just 150km from the Komo-Tec magicians.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
That is the European price, which includes 19% VAT. So, it would come you considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Without shipping it's 5,033 euros which is $6,839 usd. I can't get a shipping option on my Android tablet.

·
Illegal Alien
5,345 Posts
That is the European price, which includes 19% VAT. So, it would come you considerably cheaper.
Minus VAT but then + import duty, and shipping about awash.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Minus VAT but then + import duty, and shipping about awash.
There shouldn't be an import duty, will they deduct the "fitting"? i take it that's the labor to install it. If it was $6k including labor that doesn't seem that unreasonable if this is the kit that brings hp to 425-430.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
You're right, the Komotec price includes labor, which is very expensive in Germany. Just ask for a quotation for US.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I just sent them an email. I will let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
OK. Here is their response:
The kit is 3690€ +Vat + 230€ shipping. All parts are on stock

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
OK. Here is their response:
The kit is 3690€ +Vat + 230€ shipping. All parts are on stock
We shouldn't be paying for VAT. So, I would think it would be:

$5,020.47 + $312.74 (shipping) = $5,333.21

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just browsed their entire Evora catalog; a lot of nice upgrades available. Very interested in the clutch/flywheel combo and the engine mounts. Does anyone know if they plan to see the intake separately?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Seriously considering this. Has anyone in the US had it installed on an Evora yet?

61 - 80 of 92 Posts