The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Valenti Motors in Ct. just received a
customer cancellation' car in Krypton Green, touring 'black leather', hardtop & Starshied protection. They doused the indoor showroom lights and just like in the Superman stories, a radiant glow appears. Anyone interested in owning this 'radiating' color car should contact Bill Reudgen. Be sure to bring your sunglasses. He also received a (black leather) touring - BRG car that also has Starshield but no hardtop that is also available. Inquiries should be directed to Bill at 1-860-274-8846.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Someone please post some pictures of this phenomenon!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
sk8nSam said:
Someone please post some pictures of this phenomenon!
MikeAR303 has a Kryptonite Elise, maybe he can post some pics.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
actually i called them cause its exactly what i want...kg, ht, touring, and starshield...they want 6k over after they whore it out as a demo....
i know the color i want is rare, but to pay 6k over in the middle of winter for a demo??
i dont know abt that....

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
evomind said:
actually i called them cause its exactly what i want...kg, ht, touring, and starshield...they want 6k over after they whore it out as a demo....
i know the color i want is rare, but to pay 6k over in the middle of winter for a demo??
i dont know abt that....
Evo, have you called Mark Starr at HRM? I know he had a KG car when I was shopping for mine...

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
raggedy1
thanks for the heads up....actually wasent really looking yet, just came across the for sale post and pursued it....
i just called mark starr, he does have a kg, they are doing black wheels, black stripes, and black center counsel....oh and stage 2 exhaust....
i may pursue this one, but i really wanted hardtop and touring...
i realize i can get ht later, abeit more money, but i think the standard interior might bother me....
dont know

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Valenti Motors in Ct. just received a
customer cancellation' car in Krypton Green, touring 'black leather', hardtop & Starshied protection. They doused the indoor showroom lights and just like in the Superman stories, a radiant glow appears. Anyone interested in owning this 'radiating' color car should contact Bill Reudgen. Be sure to bring your sunglasses. He also received a (black leather) touring - BRG car that also has Starshield but no hardtop that is also available. Inquiries should be directed to Bill at 1-860-274-8846.
Too late folks, sorry. I had my Audi in for service, and saw this car when I came in to pick the Audi up. I bought it. I'm hoping to pick it up ASAP! It was an impulse buy, but what the heck! And I'm keeping the Audi...

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Re: Re: Krypton Green Actually Glows In Dark!

heidi528 said:
Too late folks, sorry. I had my Audi in for service, and saw this car when I came in to pick the Audi up. I bought it. I'm hoping to pick it up ASAP! It was an impulse buy, but what the heck! And I'm keeping the Audi...
are you serious?! LOL an impulse buy, huh?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Here is a really poor photo of the Krypton car delivered by Valenti. Since I didn't want to drive an hour to get a good camera, I took pictures with my Palm 71. It is a surprisingly accurate shot of what I saw under the overcast, natural lighting (at 2p.m.). I don't know about in darkness, but the car did take on an eerie, washed-out but vivid color. I didn't think I'd be interested in this one, but...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
evomind said:
but mike, ur pics do not answer the question of whether the car "glows in the dark" or not....
It doesn't "glow in the dark", but it does look white in my garage when all the lights are off at night.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
If anyone wants their car to actually glow in the dark, House of Kolor makes a phosporescent powder you can add into clearcoat, give your car a fresh spray of clear- and viola- your car really will glow in the dark.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wow...you dug up the thread where Mike(Evomind) is considering buying the KG from HRM that I now own. Cool thanks :clap:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Shawn C said:
Someone should put a blacklight in their garage and post a pic.
Just went out to the garage and tried it...nope.:( But! I put on my pimp garb and Max took a pic of me in the black light!:D

Copy (1) of 113_1301.JPG

1 - 20 of 33 Posts