The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chrome orange is beautiful and that's the exact color that comes to mind when you think lotus, but honestly I personally like the green better. That being said does that make me weird, because I don't see them anywhere

·
Registered
668 Posts
CO is super sexy... and you get the added 10hp that comes with that color only... :)
but KG is super rare... and chances are, that when you do a drive with all the other members .....you will be the only one with that color.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Krypton green all the way man. Super rare, and looks great, from the pics (never seen one in real life). 20 eliges in 1 place, just about every color represented apart from the AP (purple) and KG.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I would go for KG but then again I have a little bias.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
CO
/thread

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
In all seriousness, I had it narrowed down to those 2 colors as well when I was car shopping. So glad I went for KG. Much more rare/unique.

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
In all seriousness, I had it narrowed down to those 2 colors as well when I was car shopping. So glad I went for KG. Much more rare/unique.
I did too. They were my top 2 color choices. I waited so long for a KG to come for sale but one never did. So when a CO came for sale local that was in amazing shape, I bought it. I love both.

Local guy here with an KG exige that is always out on drives with me...here are some comparisions...sorry, pictures are crappy quality.

·
Registered
240 Posts
both are really nice colors. when i was looking for my lotus the color choice where kg 1st and co 2nd but none of them where for sale near me, so i ended up buying a black one. which now i like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
The chrome orange is beautiful and that's the exact color that comes to mind when you think lotus, but honestly I personally like the green better. That being said does that make me weird, because I don't see them anywhere
A man with fine taste! I had a CO Elise and was trying to decide between KG or CO for my new Evora. I did a lot of "research" into the KG, trying to pin down just how green and just how yellow it is. I've never seen KG in person, but from what I understand it can vary A LOT in color depending on lighting. Just keep that in mind when deciding. CO doesn't vary that much in different lighting conditions (Burnt Orange does, btw).

Ultimately, I decided against KG because I don't care for the way it looks yellowish in bright sunlight. Ironically, I do like Solar Yellow so go figure.

From having been a CO owner, I can tell you that the Elige looks absolutely AMAZING if it's clean, waxed, and the paint is in good shape. Amazing, I tell you.

Good luck finding a KG car though. Finding a CO one is hard enough. You can't go wrong with either color. The exotic colors really make this car look better than the subdued ones do.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
When I think of Lotus I think of BRG (or JPS gold & black). I think the chrome orange much better than the lime green; it reminds me too much of Plymouth's '60/'70 muscle car "sublime". That said, if you like it better, go with it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
A man with fine taste! I had a CO Elise and was trying to decide between KG or CO for my new Evora. I did a lot of "research" into the KG, trying to pin down just how green and just how yellow it is. I've never seen KG in person, but from what I understand it can vary A LOT in color depending on lighting. Just keep that in mind when deciding. CO doesn't vary that much in different lighting conditions (Burnt Orange does, btw).
so true. BO looks almost like copper at night under certain lights. But then in the daylight the color is awesome :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
You really can't go wrong with either color. It's true as mentioned above, KG does look more yellow in bright sunlight and looks darker green in the shade/night whereas CO is always CO. (See pics posted above)

I'd say whichever one comes along in either color for the right price, take that one. After owning it you will have convinced yourself that you chose the right color and that you're glad you didn't go with the other. Human nature.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I bought Chrome Orange - it's one of my favorite colors. However, if I had found a Krypton Green, I likely would have bought that instead. Even in LA, I rarely see a KG!

Graham

·
Registered
297 Posts
They are right. Lighting makes all the difference. Yellow by day, green by night. Artificial light doesn't wash it nearly as badly. When I get home ill link to the threads, otherwise check some of my recent posts and you'll see pictures of mine in different lighting. Also, Pooter has some great shots of mine with Kim's CO side by side.

CO is beautiful, but nothing beats KG in the right light :)

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Myself like the others were looking for both colors before purchase but when my CO came up for sale I had to have it!

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1351623502.920012.jpg

·
Registered
297 Posts
Here are the pictures, as promised. Enjoy the eye candy =)

These first three are taken with the same camera (iPhone 4). That first one is in a normal parking lot with normal lights. As you can see, some artificial light just brings out the best in KG.

This last one Pooter messed with the colors a bit to bring out the full color. It was also taken with a nicer camera. I **** you not, this is the color my car is in my garage with the naked eye. You can also see the CO looks great, and it really does look that color all the time regardless of lighting.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts