The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know, most of you think it's ugly... and I really don't care :)

After seeing http://www.eliseracing.com I think I like it. Did anyone at the auto show take a good look at the Krypton Green model? Do you think the picture on that site accurately represents it? Was the color as metallic as it appears on that site?

I'm running out of time to decide, and I'm pretty much stuck between CO, krypton green, and laser blue. I considered storm titanium and graphite... but I think I'd get bored with those colors pretty quickly and I'm afraid storm titanium might be lighter than the pictures I've seen.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Mike,
I don't think you can put too much stock in that site. While it's well done and better than even the official site IMO, the colors are all too metallic. The colors look really good, but if you look at the Saffron example, it's clearly more metallic than the photos of Saffron from LA. I kid about Krypton b/c it's so unusual, but maybe that's what's good about it!

·
Registered
607 Posts
What color seems to please you the most? Get your heart racing? The colors you have mentioned are very different. "Use the Force, Luke...!" Sorry if I havn't helped.

For me, Ardent Red. I just can't get away from it, no matter how many times I have tried.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
_JD_ said:
Mike,
I don't think you can put too much stock in that site. While it's well done and better than even the official site IMO, the colors are all too metallic. The colors look really good, but if you look at the Saffron example, it's clearly more metallic than the photos of Saffron from LA.
I'm definitely not counting on that site to be 100% accurate, but I'll take it over the LCUSA site any day of the week ;)

I noticed the metallic flake in the saffron too... which is kind of why I was asking the original question...
I kid about Krypton b/c it's so unusual, but maybe that's what's good about it!
It's ok, I was just joking with that opening line anyway ;)

What caught my attention with the sample on that site is that it reminds me of the lime green color I saw on a Lamborghini Murcielago which I really liked up close, but seemed to have more of a metallic property and more depth to it (which probably isn't actually the case), and I thought that was pretty slick looking.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
These photos that Matt posted seem to be the best bet for making a decision. The colors seem pretty accurate as the white flash illuminating the models has to be better than the show's lights which were roundly criticized. At least we know that these models were painted with the actual paint from Lotus!
eliseinfo

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i keep reading all this about colors and whether this site or that has accurate colors. a simple fact of the computer world is that monitors all display colors somewhat differently. unless you go through a process of calibrating your monitor, and unless the source file you are viewing was calibrated (not to mention the digital camera or scanner used to produce the file)- and with compatible or defined ICC profiles, you are just looking at approximations of the color. some may be close, some may be far from reality, but it is highly unlikely that any are really accurate. just use all the internet pix as a guideline on "kinda what the paint looks like".

if anybody really cares about all that there are quite a few color correction books on the market these days. this is a major topic in digital printing of photographs.

speaking of digital printing of photographs, for an amusing excursion take a look at the nasheditions.com website. interesting artist trivia pertaining to the founder. (they do good work)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Very cool and well done site there, but I think his Kermit Green looks a LOT nicer than the green I saw at the show.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
Mike,

I too wish KG looked as good as eliseracing depicts. But here is a picture I took of the model at the show:

I don't like it as much. I agree with your Lambo comment!

Good luck with your color choice - I understand your pain! :confused:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
JD,

I didn't take a picture of the Graphite color. That color is excellent - especially with a red interior!

I've posted all the pix I took (and are hosted) at Roadfly on the EliseTalk LA Show forum.

The pictures ended up in Roadfly's Mini section :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts