The Lotus Cars Community banner

561 - 578 of 578 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
All the right goodies ^^^^

I am green with envy. (Except Rotrex, but that is by choice :) ).

Motec is better.

Keep us posted. Very interested in Infinity and MXG.

Does Infinity support:

1. DBW throttle?
2. Sequential cut and blip (if it has 1, above)?

Anton

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
Wanted to try something different
Thats why i went with the rotrex
Might end up going back to turbo if the blower ever gives out.

The infinity does support dbw
However i am running a cable so have not really looked into all the possibilities
However i have a friend using the infinity on dbw with an e46 bmw track only car
And theres a bunch of features

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I looked at ironcanyon's site. What electric pump kit would work best for an NA car with less than 300 WHP? Would the EWP-115 be enough? Dont think I see temps that FI applications would see

Also, there is an "alloy kit" and "combo kit" on the site... what's the difference? Looks like the same parts in the pictures

Davies Craig EWP150

Davies Craig EWP150

·
Registered
935 Posts
re: Pump

Alloy is made of aluminum. The original uses a plastic housing.

The general wisdom is that 115 or 30gpm is enough for NA 4 cylinder, while big V8's need 50gpm or the 150...

If you buy the PWM kit, it will turn down the speed of the pump to keep a pre-set temperature...

Anton

I looked at ironcanyon's site. What electric pump kit would work best for an NA car with less than 300 WHP? Would the EWP-115 be enough? Dont think I see temps that FI applications would see

Also, there is an "alloy kit" and "combo kit" on the site... what's the difference? Looks like the same parts in the pictures

Davies Craig EWP150

Davies Craig EWP150

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Thanks ageshelin! I am guessing you mean that the "combo kit" includes the PWM digital controller whereas the other one is just the EWP and the hoses/clamps

·
Registered
935 Posts
Quaife ATB for mid-engined Honda trannys.

I run across this on another forum....

Quaife has a QDF9U.23deg ATB. It was designed for Ariel Atom with K20 drive-train i.e. a similar car as ours.

The standard QDF9U is a part from front-wheel drive cars. It has a 31 degree ramp angle and 2.1:1 bias ratio on drive and 1.9:1 on coast. The bottom line is that FWD is a different application from RWD mid-engine and requires a more aggressive torque bias. (When i was buying mine, 4 years ago, I thought there was no choice). This would result in more corner exit push (under-steer). Not the best feeling in high-speed sweepers....

23 degree part should result in less corner exit push.

I have a 600hp, 1700lbs Lotus with 315's on the back. I feel a touch more push than I would really, really like, but not so very bad. I will try to tune it out with sway bars and shocks... With really big/very wrong sway bar in the back, I felt no push at all, just the opposite :)... the car reacted like it was on rail on corner entry. :)... the rest was a bit more challenging...

FYI.

Anton

·
Registered
30 Posts
...Intake manifold: RBC fits... but barley. Most people end up using a skunk2 intake manifold simply due to a better fitment. Since you are upgrading the intake manifold many will upgrade the throttle body at the same time.
Do you have the dimensions of a Skunk2 Pro Series intake manifold (depth from flange to farthest point on plenum)? I would appreciate your replay to that.

ML

·
Registered
76 Posts
And the k24 on the cam sensor side
View attachment 224482

And last is a skunk 2 rsx manifold modified to work with k24 head
And coolant ports cut off and run separate to keep the intake manifold cooler, k tuned coolant port with -16 out
View attachment 224490
View attachment 224498
For the adaptors which are used on the manifold side of the K24 (RBB) head, theres a 3/8 NPT adaptor and a 1/2" NPT plug if i remember correctly. But for the 3/8NPT adaptor, what size AN fitting is used and what size tube does it go to? Being a 3/8 NPT fitting I would guess a -6AN adaptor/90degree fitting is used? And whats the size of the fitting-barb for the hose which goes to the thermostat?

Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thought I would post up some info on water pumps that may be useful.
I have been using the Davies Craig EWP in both Engine and IC and results have been OK. Had a few hiccups with the controller for the engine pump but once replaced it has been Ok.
Now looking to run Pierburg pumps in my Elise Race car build [ K20 with TVS1320SC ] These pumps are the OEM units used by BMW and flow higher than the DC units. They flow more water under pressure, see attached.
I will control the Engine pump from the ECU [ Motec] and the IC will most likely be with a Tecomotive manual controller. [see below] as these [ Running 2x CWA50] will be at 100% all the time.

For reference:
Pierburg CWA200 - Engine Water
Pierburg CWA50 - Intercooler

They also make a CWA100 but this is almost impossible to purchase. CWA50/100 are running 19mm ports , same as most IC systems i.e BOE Rev400

Details here:
http://www.kspg.com/fileadmin/media/kspg/Broschueren/Poduktbroschueren/Pierburg_Pump_Technology/Wasserumwaelz-_und_Kuehlmittelpumpen/ppt_elek_kuehlmittelp_e.pdf
and
http://s1.teamlearn.de/QuickPlace/b-9716-kfz-hessen/PageLibraryC1256E38004BC12E.nsf/0/60FBF793F78AFE30C12575B3006A277E/$file/SA4%20electrical%20waterpump.pdf

Tecomotive make a controller for the pumps , comes in two versions -
Manual , where you set the nominated run speed:
http://www.tecomotive.com/download/manual_tinyCWA_manual_version.pdf

or ..Temperature controlled : http://www.tecomotive.com/download/manual_tinyCWA_Intercooler.pdf

Price Indication here ... and yes they are more expensive than DC EWP !!
tecomotive | eBay

Tecomotive Website
tinyCWA

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
K Series turn key service in U.S. ???

So I've searched and have not seen anything on a shop that does Elise K series swaps outside the U.K. Seems hard to believe with so many cars in the U.S. getting up there in miles that someone hasn't taken over this nitch.

561 - 578 of 578 Posts