1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I'm getting KW's on my 08 STi soon...does anyone have them on Elsie/Exige's? They're really awesome from what I hear.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I have KW -V3 Variant 2's on my STi with full race springs Spring rates are 500/400. Along with the Whiteline 29/27's car is an animal!!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I have KW -V3 Variant 2's on my STi with full race springs Spring rates are 500/400. Along with the Whiteline 29/27's car is an animal!!
O/T:
Cool, yeah that setup I hear is great. The rates seem soft though? I actually don't know anything about how spring rates affect heavier 4wd cars like Subies...I mean my Elise has heavier rates than that but I can turn the shocks down to eat up the bumps and stuff. I can just ask on Iwsti but I would assume your setup is a good compromise between street and track? I don't know if my STi will ever see a track actually...mebbe, depends on if I am going to change out seats and what not which I don't think I am.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Well i just saw that we carry these when i was ordering a set for my own car and i figured i'd throw these on here to see if anyone is interested. They take about 2 weeks to get from Germany if we dont have them in stock.

The price is $1695 shipped anywhere in lower 48 states.

Spring rates (lbs/inch or Progressive Spring): Front=285 / Rear=285

info and pictures here:
http://www.kw-gmbh.de/kw_upload/Einbau/eah68669501.pdf

and here:
http://www.kw-gmbh.de/kw_upload/Einbau/ea68577506.pdf
That seems like a pretty light weight spring? Has anyone tried to track with springs this light?:shrug:

Otherwise, I like the price and reputation:up:

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seems like a pretty light weight spring? Has anyone tried to track with springs this light?:shrug:

Otherwise, I like the price and reputation:up:

Best,

Phil
to be honest i dont know anyone first hand to track w/these. Every single car i have seen and talked to w/them seems to comment the same thing, "they are soft rates" but they follow it up with "but i love them, they are amazing". So its hard to say, they are well known for being a top quality product and the more i read up on them for my own car w/the spring rates being so soft i learned you dont need super stiff to be fast. I will be the first to admit i am no expert at setting up suspensions on a race car, i know how to make cars faster but i wouldnt want to be the one to suggest the precise spring rates to someone if they asked me to build a race car.

·
Registered
255 Posts
They are a nice suspension apparently though the rear spring rates should be higher than the fronts simply because our cars are weight biased towards the rear

·
Registered
648 Posts
If I recall you can custom order stiffer springs for the KW coil overs.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I've had KW Variant 1s on my Focus before, and while the spring rate wasn't very stiff, the valving made the ride quality pretty harsh on the street. Not sure if the Lotus ones are the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts