The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help.

Almost finished my Katana install but unsure of how this L bracket is supposed to connect intake tube to engine block.

Ive read and re-read the instructions, and to be honest the photograph supplied in the instructions isnt very clear.

Obviously supports the intake tube/throttle body, but seems rigid enough without.??

·
Registered
27 Posts
You definately want to install that bracket. It may be strong enough without, but do you really want to risk cracking a manifold? It should bolt to the lower throttle body and at the block where the stock intake had a long "hidden" bolt. Good luck with the install. You'll love the results!;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
So the L-bracket bolts to the throttle body or does it bolt to the new air intake tube? Anyone have any pictures of this step on their car? I agree that the picture in the directions is somewhat confusing. Otherwise easy and straight forward install. Anxiously awaiting my ECU return.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
The L bracket straight end bolts to the bottom left hole of the new manifold (looking the throttle body side of the engine leaning over the drivers side of the rear fender.) You need to use the longer bolt.

The angle side bolts to the hole in the block where the old "hidden" bolt used to bolt to.

Yes...pictures are poor.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, have fitted it now. I dont know why but i was trying to use the other lower bolt on the intake tube before.
Maybe because it was nearest the engine block.
Can't wait for my reflashed ECU now.

Tony, thanks for your help:clap:

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Yes the placement of that Bracket is definitely a shortcoming in the Sector Instructions. It took Stan and I about 20 minutes to figure where it went and how to attach it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts