The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the font is called and what size the current letters are on the back of the Elise?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Modern Wedgie said:
Help? With what? George, what are you up to? :D
Do I need to remind you that I will be in your presence Saturday:D

How many Seinfeld bits will we have to do to prove that I am not George:p

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know some people that have a $500,000 laser cuter and I think they could cut the letters for us in very thin stainless and we could stick them on. I need to know what the font is called and figure out what size it is. Times Roman is close but not it...

Now you know, are you happy now Elaine;)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Scan the letters in. If they have a laser cutter, they can create the letters in Corel or something similar and send the outlines to the cutter.

Or, if you are patient, I will also be cutting new letters for my car to place over the stripes. Then I will have the logo pre-made for you.

:D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mikester said:
I've met Patrick a few times now and I can conclusively say that he is not George Costanza. At least, I don't think he is....
Thanks for your suport:)

MW has also met me she is just trying to wind me up:D I am not taking the bait...much:)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
mikester said:
Any time "Patrick" (wink-wink), any time...:D
I thought we all agreed to call him "t-bone"?

:)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Patricko said:
I know some people that have a $500,000 laser cuter and I think they could cut the letters for us in very thin stainless and we could stick them on. I need to know what the font is called and figure out what size it is. Times Roman is close but not it...
I tried matching the L O T U S lettering in a photo to those produced by MS Word.

Keep in mind that the surface is curved, so that your letters won't look quite the same installed as on the page. And also that your metal letters will need to flex. And also that your adhesive needs to be strong enough to counter that flex so the letters will not pop off from the tension.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ancient Wedgie said:
I tried matching the L O T U S lettering in a photo to those produced by MS Word.

Keep in mind that the surface is curved, so that your letters won't look quite the same installed as on the page. And also that your metal letters will need to flex. And also that your adhesive needs to be strong enough to counter that flex so the letters will not pop off from the tension.
Hello AW,

Those fonts are not an exact match. Have a look at the top of the T and bottom of the L.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
When I was in high school, I had a job working for a graphic designer. He would never just use a font as-is. He'd start with a font he liked, then tweak each letter to get the whole word/logo to look better together, and to add character (no pun intended).

So if you want an exact match, take a high res photo of each letter, then trace them in adobe illustrator.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Patricko,
Here is your LogoType. I have an Adobe Illustrator file for you. PM your email and I will send it ASAP.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Lets do the ELISE logo also! I can provide it in the same format file. Don't forget me when you start selling these :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts