The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years of search and research i found this: 1984 L-39C Albatros

They will let me steal it for 300K. I sold both my Yak-52, CooperS will be gone in a matter of days. Never managed to find a partner to buy this jet together(anyone?), so despite my passion for Lotus, i might have to let it go.
But upgrades gonna go first. Some of the parts are:
CF Roof
CF Diffuser
CF Spliter
CF Wing
CF Side Skirts
CF Seat
CF Door Panels
CF Sills
CF Access Panels
CF Scoops
CF Mirrors
RAC Wheels
MS Racing exhaust
2bular exhaust
Nitron SA
Stock LSS susp
Voltphreaks battery
PPE Header
Fire Exting with bracket, tow hook and a whole LOT more...
So its L39 VS ExigeS now... we will see who wins

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Man have I said I hate you? With all the love in the world mind you but you suck, I'm jealous that's a great bird from what I understand, fairly docile. Given the choice of that crop I think that an alphajet would be in my stable. I remember a picture of it from my youth of an alphajet that had landed on the highway, what a beautiful plane.

·
boxerman
408 Posts
From what I hear yearly expenses and maintanace on a L39 will more than eat any savings on selling the lotus and that is year 1.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I hear yearly expenses and maintanace on a L39 will more than eat any savings on selling the lotus and that is year 1.
The total paid for the jet is just a downpayment for the maintenance expenses - thats why jet and Exige wont get along too well. And i dont wanna work extra hour a day:(

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
What part of the country are you buying that from? I know someone that has virtually the identical jet, but the last time I saw it there wasn't a camo pattern.

He was in the process of importing it when nine-eleven went down... needless to say it delayed things quite a bit.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sorry to see you carbon-everything car go. It's a beauty!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What part of the country are you buying that from? I know someone that has virtually the identical jet, but the last time I saw it there wasn't a camo pattern.

He was in the process of importing it when nine-eleven went down... needless to say it delayed things quite a bit.
Rockford, IL

·
Registered
23 Posts
thats a czechoslovak training/light battle plane. And though I am sure it might be easier to get it in some ex-soviet country, PM and I will try to call around for a price of a czech based around. They have a lot of them sitting around. Worth a try, I know a lot of people from the czech air force.

A.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Something tells me you're gonna meet up with few F16's flying around with that red star!
Congrats,though and I hate you too!:drool:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm interested in several things should you decide to part it out. Let us know when you come up with some prices/pictures.

Good luck!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Wow. Exige S=very cool.
That thing=much cooler!

If you do it, please let me know what you would like for the sills and door panels together, and heck the side skirts too. As well as anything else that hasn't been raped and pillaged by my fellow vultures.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
You'll eat a bunch of that CF with your first top off (360 gals?), just over $1800 at today's rate...ouch!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts