The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All
Saw this posted on roadfly by jfarmer so I guess it's OK to post here too.

Star Motors in Houston Tx. has the dark blue elise US show car. NO driving allowed of it but anyone in the area who hasn't actually seen a US car might want to zip on down, won't be there for long.

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,269 Posts
Am surprised that no one, as of yet, has
offered a 15 second entry, 15 second exit
video with the top on the car. Maybe someone visiting the test car can supply it. P.S. - A male and female negotiating the entry/exiting of the vehicle would be
ideal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
shhhhh don't tell anyone! ;)
I'll be checking it out friday.

I've been in/out of the ones (euro) that were traveling the country before. Not that bad if you're used to that type of car/layout.

My mr2 is so similar, the only difference is that the sill is higher.

Robert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,269 Posts
Biomax said:
shhhhh don't tell anyone! ;)
I'll be checking it out friday.

I've been in/out of the ones (euro) that were traveling the country before. Not that bad if you're used to that type of car/layout.

My mr2 is so similar, the only difference is that the sill is higher.

Robert
If you see a woman wearing a skirt at the dealer, get her to
enter/exit the car. At present, my girlfriend thinks only female gymnasts can negotiate the entry/exit of the vehicle and even they wouldn't try it with a skirt on! -ridgeman-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,269 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Their is a vid an englishman made getting in/out of the car. He did with top up and down.

FYI for anyone that needs to see it. Here's a link to the thread with the above video. Link's about 3-4 messages down.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=850

Chris
My computer must be left over from the dinosaur age since all I get is unintelligible printing at the site for the entry/exit vid. -ridgeman-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Magnetic Blue car

I will also be working a charity Superbowl party and 'Liz is invited. I'm goning to chaperone and take pics.

It should be fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,607 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
If you see a woman wearing a skirt at the dealer, get her to
enter/exit the car. At present, my girlfriend thinks only female gymnasts can negotiate the entry/exit of the vehicle and even they wouldn't try it with a skirt on! -ridgeman-

Ridge,

I have to agree with your girlfriend, I wouldnt try getting in this car with a skirt on. With a long skirt and some SERIOUS finesse you may be able to perform the task with some dignity...but it wouldnt be worth the time or hassle. With a short skirt it would put you in a compromising situation at best. I dont think this car will be a big "date" car if you like women who wear dresses...I also dont see this being a car for professional women unless they wear pant suits everyday. I also dont think there are too many women like me who are so sick about cars that they're willing to put themselves in uncomfortable or less than cushy conditions so I guess it doesnt matter anyway.

Im lucky, my job doesnt require me to dress up much anymore so I can get by with mostly casual clothes.

As far as getting in and out with pants or shorts....its no problem at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,269 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Ridge,

I have to agree with your girlfriend, I wouldnt try getting in this car with a skirt on. With a long skirt and some SERIOUS finesse you may be able to perform the task with some dignity...but it wouldnt be worth the time or hassle. With a short skirt it would put you in a compromising situation at best. I dont think this car will be a big "date" car if you like women who wear dresses...I also dont see this being a car for professional women unless they wear pant suits everyday. I also dont think there are too many women like me who are so sick about cars that they're willing to put themselves in uncomfortable or less than cushy conditions so I guess it doesnt matter anyway.

Im lucky, my job doesnt require me to dress up much anymore so I can get by with mostly casual clothes.

As far as getting in and out with pants or shorts....its no problem at all.
Since there are times when I will have to pick her up from work in NYC on days when she is wearing a skirt, I will have to go for the $3,500 Gull-wing instead of the
regular h-top because she was standing next to me, reading your
reply message. Didn't I always tell you to answer me in code, Miata? -ridgeman-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ridgemanron said:
Since there are times when I will have to pick her up from work in NYC on days when she is wearing a skirt, I will have to go for the $3,500 Gull-wing instead of the
regular h-top because she was standing next to me, reading your
reply message. Didn't I always tell you to answer me in code, Miata? -ridgeman-
We can always hope she'll forget!! All the ladies I work with are almost as excited about the car as I am, I've been talking about it for over two years, trouble is, they all wear scrubs, damn!
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,269 Posts
Forget? She's telling me I should get the new Crossfire Convertible they showed at the Detroit show, which is coming out this Spring. "No problem getting in and out of that one!" she said. I told her that she will always be the love of my life.......
behind Elise that is. Some females just have more of what guys are looking for
and my 'little Lotus flower' is, and always will be, numero uno! New girlfriends can always be found, but where does one go to replace Elise?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,159 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
At present, my girlfriend thinks only female gymnasts can negotiate the entry/exit of the vehicle and even they wouldn't try it with a skirt on! -ridgeman-
I've seen it done quite well. Clarkson also has a "Top 100" DVD out that shows a Z1, S2000, and Elise face-off, where one of the criteria is whether or not a woman can enter the car without showing the color of her underwear. Only the Z1 lost in this regard.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top