The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You're right, the cali interior would be difficult to live with as a daily driver.
The rep sez they will make only 50 California Elises!
Collectors, start the bidding.
The 211 is not too bad when you see it first hand.
I also like the club racer. I'm not sure about the sky blue color, though.
The rep sez there will only 20 club racers.
Again, collectors start the bidding.

I wanted to ask if Lotus would install the SC os a retrofit in '05, '06, and '07 Elises, but I was overwhelmed with the Elises and Exiges around me.

I'm off the cross now. Whew. Thanks for straightening me out, maz. I feel a lot better.:D

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Thanks for the pics.
I like the new sport wheels; they work well with the egg-crate grills and freshen up the design a bit.
Will Lotus keep cranking out the special editions? Could be a good move. I wouldn't mind seeing a JPS Cup car, but that's probably too similar to the 72D.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You're right, the cali interior would be difficult to live with as a daily driver.
The rep sez they will make only 50 California Elises!
Collectors, start the bidding.
The 211 is not too bad when you see it first hand.
I also like the club racer. I'm not sure about the sky blue color, though.
The rep sez there will only 20 club racers.
Again, collectors start the bidding.

I wanted to ask if Lotus would install the SC os a retrofit in '05, '06, and '07 Elises, but I was overwhelmed with the Elises and Exiges around me.

I'm off the cross now. Whew. Thanks for straightening me out, maz. I feel a lot better.:D
I know this is a super old post, but I just ran across it today. I now own the exact Club Racer that is shown in the pictures from the LA Auto Show (first of the 20). It's my absolute favorite version of the Exige. OP, thanks for uploading the pics!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just as an addition to this post, we sold a Yellow and a Red California Edition back in the day. I received an e-mail from a collector in Romania saying he traced his Red California to the original dealership, us! Checked photos and VIN and his is right. You never know :)

·
craigyirush
1,534 Posts
Sands Mechanical Museum has photos of the 2004 LA show when the Elise was new. Now that was the one to be at!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts