The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The LA Auto Show is in a couple weeks. Many people in this forum will attend, many more will not. So the rest of us don't feel left out we plan to attend by proxy. Well by Nikon, by Minolta, by Canon.... You get the idea... TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES SO WE CAN SEE TO!!! OH YES AND VIDEO (If applicable)

When I drove the Elise I did take pictures, but I didn't think much about what I should be taking pictures of; and I didn't take enough of them. So to help the Auto show attendees out, here is a list of some things to take pictures of:

:eek: Remember, TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES.
1. Exterior shots (all angles, wheels, back end (letters or badge?))
2. Interior shots (dash board, gauges, seats, sills / floor / shifter, steering-wheel)
3. Engine (hi-res so we can see details)
4. All different colors available.
5. All different interior options available.

:D
If anything comes to mind that I may have missed please post it here.
:confused:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
No problem! I'll be taking both my video camera (mini-DV) and digital still camera (4 megapixel), and will have content online Friday night or Saturday morning. I don't know how much good the video camera will be, though, but I'll be sure to do a lot of panning and zooming of the details of the car to extract still images from later if needed.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I'm going late (Monday morning) to avoid the crowds, so I guess I will play the clean up act in taking pictures of things that may have gone over looked. Or I will take pictures of the spokes women. Either way.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
MattG said:
I don't know how much good the video camera will be, though, but I'll be sure to do a lot of panning and zooming of the details of the car to extract still images from later if needed.
I have video editing and video compression software...so it is possible to make the most of any video that you take Matt. I'm sure we can coordinate something.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't see it on the rear wheel arch?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Bringing extra batteries!

I will try to get some close ups of that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Your right! What kinda crap is that!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Randy Chase said:
Bringing extra batteries!
Don't forget Interior shots of different trim levels and pictures of those models in different colors.

PS: Did I mention... "LOTS OF PICTURES GUYS"

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
This is the red sport with a little brightening and color work. If the reflectors are removed, the arches will have a hole approximately .5"x 6" that would need to be filled. Looks like they need to stay?

·
Registered
963 Posts
_JD_ said:
This is the red sport with a little brightening and color work. If the reflectors are removed, the arches will have a hole approximately .5"x 6" that would need to be filled. Looks like they need to stay?

Eeewww, ugly. On the front and back wheel wells. Maybe they just pop off. Are the stuck on or screwed you think. They look ugly, but at the same time, better visability at night for a small car is a good thing. I'd still try to remove them though.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I hadn't noticed those initially. Hopefully they look better in person. Based on the pics they are laughable....

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
They are lights - yellow in front & red at the rear. Removal will leave a hole.

They are designed to blend into the fender line.

IMHO it's a great solution. Lotus could have taken the "cheap" way and grabbed some off the shelf light and stuck on the fender. Most likely that would have looked like hell.

Considering what Lotus had to do to get this car here we should be ESTATIC that it's nearly here!!!

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I was noticing the picture of the green car, if you look closely from behind it looks like the "reflector" sticks out a good bit. I just wish the person who took this pic hadn't cropped off the exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
I was noticing the picture of the green car, if you look closely from behind it looks like the "reflector" sticks out a good bit. I just wish the person who took this pic hadn't cropped off the exhaust.
Wow, they stick out more than a bit. They stick out a TON, well, at least to me they do. Man that's ugly. Hope it looks better in person.

You people have good eyes. :D I didn't notice that before.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts