The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

LA AutoCon (entry and registration discount codes)

4K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  oldmansan 
#1 ·
Anyone going? We could do a Team. I definitely plan to display. I did attach the special offer for discounted tickets and registration.

AutoCon Event :: Los Angeles, CA | | AutoCon 2012 - Automotive ConnectionAutoCon 2012 – Automotive Connection

***Here is your discount information, to register your car or purchase tickets:*

**- Discounted, $10 Tickets: GENERAL ADMISSION :: AUTOCON :: LOS ANGELES 2012 - Eventbrite[use*discount code: *LIKE*]
**- Discounted, $35 Car Registration:

VEHICLE REGISTRATION :: AUTOCON :: LOS ANGELES 2012 - Eventbrite[use discount code:**LIKE*]
**- Discounted, booth space: still available

-James

#3 ·
It is very "stance" and "import" scene but I would be interested in going..for Chris, Sid, San and Andy (who got the tickets at CC yesterday) I dug around their site a bit and it looks like you need wristbands to display, but tickets to enter...and it was 45 to register a vehicle and get two tickets..

I sent an email to their POC to see if their intent was to get us to display? or just go...frankly I'm not going to pay to display my car unless this thing is the bomb dizzle fo shizzle, though I am interested in going.

I've done the food truck festival at santa anita and that was fun, so I'm sure this mini-food truck meet plus music, cars etc will be enjoyable. I would be down for getting a group of us to "display" together..though I don't have much to display

#6 ·
That's what I don't get about these shows... unless I am looking to win a prize (which in this case is a 3, 4 or 5 feet tall trophy)... why am I paying so I can show my car and they can attract people to come see the show... which I paid them to show... shouldn't I get paid or something for letting them display my car since they are making money on entrance fees?

I get it for a shop or car crew that wants to show what they got to advertise or represent. Not quite the same as a forum like here.

Lotus doesn't have a category (of course), so we have to compete with the miscellaneous brands. I think Andy's car (Good2Go) or Terry's car (T932137), should have a shot though.

I haven't seen anybody here with a Lotus that is modded out like the typical HIN car though so not sure what chance we have with that particular crowd with our stock or lightly modded Lotuses which are most appearance mods.

#7 ·
ok so Nate emailed me back about AutoCon...

we're still supposd to pay if we want to enter cars...he gave me a discount code (LOTUS) to get it to 33 which is the cheapest deal they have, but yea.......

he said if we do end up entering as a "team" we need to make sure we all enter the same team name so we get reserved place stogether...tents, chairs, bbqs etc are ok..

thoughts? 33...yea...I don't know..33 plus gas to go to a HIN show is a bit much for me...

#9 ·
Even if we are lucky enough to get 10 cars as a "team", all it takes is some stupid group like a Honda S2000 or Golf enthusiasts club to bring 20-30 cars and they win the reps. It's dumb to compare a rare car in a "team" competition unless there was an equivalency factor like 1 Lotus = 3 Japanese imports.

For $33 and gas for you OC guys to get to Arcadia where there is no local freeway access, you're better off using the $33 for a decent steak and fixins.

#13 ·
I got the distinct impression we were given free admission because he wanted out Lotus cars there. I'm not interested in dropping money to "display" my car at some ricer meet. I'm guessing some half-assed looking "model" would want to put her cheeks on my hood as well. Not happening.

San

#15 ·
Hahaha!

Yep, you and I are definitely on the same wavelength.

I'm not paying them so they have a better show and some non-model who thinks she's too hot for everyone stands next to my car as a bunch of fat sweaty dudes in flat brim hats and saggy shorts and square cut tee shirts that fit badly jockey for position to take pics of her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.