The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a reputable Lotus shop in LA that can do oil change, put tires, brake pads, alignment, etc..? I just moved here and am not too familiar with the area. I've contacted lotus of Beverly hills but haven't heard from them for over a week.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Lotus BH is backed up right now, one of their techs is out sick I believe. Depending on where you live in Socal, that might help people here point you to the right place. I go to Lotus BH for anything non-powertrain related since they're local and Allen (the service manager) is a top notch guy.

EDIT: Your title says you're looking for a body shop but you're looking for mechanical work :shrug:

·
Registered
891 Posts
If you want to come down to the OC and meet up with me, I can do brakes and oil changes. I even have a guy who can put tires on. I have no alignment rack so I can't do those.

·
Registered
636 Posts
For alignment, West End is THE best. Darin Nishimura runs the one-man shop. He's into racing and knows his stuff. You sit in the car while he does the 4-wheel alignment so that its perfectly corner-weighted.

The shop is in Gardena, which is a little south of Torrance, just off the 405. You need to make an appointment, sometimes 2-4 weeks in advance. 310-808-9233.

He also does suspension and brakes, but I didn't have those things done.

I can't recommend him highly enough.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
BODY work

A lot of dealers and people here have used

SCC - Specialty Car Craft

on La Cienega, they also repair Veyrons ! Serebo had his flat black car done there I think (could be wrong)

But that said I remember a month or so ago somebody - maybe the stig - posting about a better smaller place that does better work - can't recall the name.....

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Has anyone heard of Advanced Collision Technology in the Hawthorne area or their reputation? I was referred to them, but couldn't find them on the internet...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just got back from Dent Werks. That place is the best around. Class shop with a class guy (Julio) to deal with. I had extensive "road rash" on my rocker panels. They fixed it up for me and repainted. So far I've only seen it in the shade, so I'm looking forward to getting a little sunlight on it (I pick it up tomorrow), but based on what I saw so far and all of the other Lotuses I have seen there, I have no doubt it will be perfect. I'll post pics later (I have a few more things to get done at Bev Hills before I'll be able to take pics, I think).

On a kinda side note, they have a kick a$$ Elise there that they have done a lot of custom work to. If I had the dough, I'd be looking to getting more work from them. They widened the rear clam, filled the body lines, filled the rear grillettes, painted it a sick silver/gunmetal color (I think they said it was an Audi color?) and even removed the front blinkers and installed Exige headlight unit with the blinkers inside (that is the best part!!!). This thing kicks some serious ass (and the owner seems like a pretty nice guy too). If you are local, I'd highly recommend stopping by to :drool: . Looks like they'll have it for another couple of days.

They are located on Pico just west of La Cienega.

·
Registered
344 Posts
More props for Dent Werks. I showed up to pick up my car today and they immediately greeted me with an appology. Apparently they had somehow scratched the rocker panel while reinstalling them. :panic: They said no problem, we'll take care of it. So then I asked to see the damage. They walked me over to the car to show me.

Well, I couldn't have seen the damage unless I had been willing to crawl on the ground. The damage was a small scratch on the underside of the panel! The underside! How many other shops would have just let that roll right out the door hoping the customer never noticed?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts