The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COLORS WILL BE AT THE AUTO SHOW IN LOS ANGELES? THIS COLOR THING IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I bet Saffron as well. Or maybe BRG?

I do know that they will have samples of all the colors available to view. Not in full size though!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I predict:

Saffron Yellow will be there, since it's a new color and yellow is rather traditional for Lotus.

Also Bordeaux Red, since the car that Clyde showed off in Georgia seemed to be headed our way.

Also Aztec Bronze, since that car seems to have been in Georgia also.

Possibly Ardent Red, since red is such a hot color for sports cars.

Possibly British Racing Green, since it's traditional.

Possibly Aubergine Purple, since it's a distinctive color.

Probably not Chrome Orange, since it's extra work to paint a car that color.

Six cars seems like too many, I would guess more like four will be there, so perhaps yellow, bordeaux, bronze + 1.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I heard that they are just going to have an 8x10 glossy, of the purple one, stuck to a bulletin board......over at the Toyota booth. ;)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
brookester said:
I heard that they are just going to have an 8x10 glossy, of the purple one, stuck to a bulletin board......over at the Toyota booth. ;)
And I have been thinking that a bunch of 1/18 scale models will make guest appearances on the show. Oops!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
ok, here's a nice problem. your dealer calls in May and tells you that he's got his first shipment of cars and they are all purple or bronze. if you want one, it's yours right now. otherwise, you may be looking at another couple of months or more of waiting to get whatever you ordered.

any takers??

·
Registered
282 Posts
jml1952 said:
ok, here's a nice problem. your dealer calls in May and tells you that he's got his first shipment of cars and they are all purple or bronze. if you want one, it's yours right now. otherwise, you may be looking at another couple of months or more of waiting to get whatever you ordered.

any takers??
It would be tempting, but I would wait.

-Eric

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I'd take the purple. I think its cool. Frankly I like the Elise in every color I've seen but Bronze.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I don't think that would happen but if it did, I would have to wait.
I might jump on other colors especially since almost all of them look good to me. But That Bronze looks too gaudy and if I got a purple Lotus Batman would probably think I was the Joker or a pillow biter :rolleyes:

·
Registered
687 Posts
jml1952 said:
Six cars seems like too many, I would guess more like four will be there, so perhaps yellow, bordeaux, bronze + 1.
The 2003 show had 3 (red, silver, and blue) Elises and 1 yellow Esprit. If the exhibit size is the same for 2004, it looks like it would be possible to fit 5 Elises.

The Geneva show had 3 (black, silver, and the Saffron Yellow 99T).

If I had to bet, silver will be there, especially since it's the #1 selling color at the moment for U.S. cars and tends to show better with auto show lighting.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
XconZ said:
What would you do in such a situation jml1952?
I'm waiting, also. I plan to hold onto the Elise for a long time, so I want to have a color that suits me. Although any extra waiting time will be painful, a few months plus or minus wouldn't kill me.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I love the Black. But I will love it more on someone else's car. I have two black cars now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts