The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

LA folks - Montreal Grand Prix watch party

3K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  spdracer888 
#1 ·
Race time is Sunday, June 8 at 10am PST. I live at the corner of Wilshire and Western, in the Koreatown area of Los Angeles.

Secured parking will be provided at my building's parking garage, and there is also spacious metered parking (free on Sundays) for those who are more adventurous ;)

I will also be grilling some steaks and sausages like last time. There'll be beer and alcohol but I suggest you bring your own beer or food in case my selection isn't to your liking. I usually stock Fat Tire, Miller Lite, and some Guiness. Canadian beers also welcome :D And I have a stocked mini bar for the alcoholics. There's a Ralphs across the street if extra food or drinks are needed.

Any questions, PM me.

If anyone has can send out an Evite to the LA dinner group folks, please do so on my behalf, thanks.

#4 ·
Thanks Jacob, please do so. I'll PM you my email address so they can RSVP with me. I live in a 900 sq ft condo so I can't squeeze TOO many people in there. The last race I hosted, we got about 10 folks in there comfortably, max capacity is probably 15 people.

#7 ·
Girl friend is Korean, maybe I will tell her I will take her there so as to get some Korean food. Once on the way I will tell her I need to make a stop on the way for a little bit. “just a quick stop…..to watch a race…..at one of the other Lotus peoples house…..that’s where the K-food is…….if there isn’t any K-food then we will stop in K-town for food”

I would love to come but not to sure what’s on for that day work wise.

Kevin

#13 ·
Jacob - the F1 races are limited to 2hrs (you knew that right?) and as this race is on Fox it will start at 10 and end at 12. No preamble and no post race probably.

Robert - I am trying to see if I can make it, depends if I get my car back together. Do you have HD?

#14 ·
Thanks Mike,
I'm actually an F1 rookie watcher. The last Monaco race was the first race I think I've ever watched both qualifying and the race before. I was wondering why the lap counter disappeared and became a count down clock. :shrug: Come to think of it... it may have been the first time watching a race beginning to end.

#20 ·
Yes I have HD. I didn't know Fox was airing the race, but I was starting to get tired of the SD broadcasts for most of the races.

I'll be PMing all of the interested parties today with my phone # and parking info, check your inboxes. If you guys want to bring something, chips and beer would work.

#30 ·
No matter how it happened, it was nice to finally see R.Kubica win a race and have BMW move up the in constuctors point.

One thing about BMW is that they've been consistent throughout the season and it's finally paying off although we still have a long ways to go, I think it makes for a more exciting race season...kudos to BMW :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.