The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

In less than two weeks the show begins to the public. Come check out the cars and stand and meet with some of us from LCUSA and Lotus UK....but most of all check out the Elise!

I'll be there the entire time but hope to see you all on the 2nd. Until then Happy Holidays.

Clyde

·
Supporting Vendor
4,117 Posts
I'll see ya on the 9th.

Unfortunately I can't join the gang on the 2nd as I'll be out of town.

If you're handing out any good swag, save some for me! :)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Don't worry, the shoes will be fine!

The feet, well that is another story.

See you there Clyde. I will be there on the 28th, 30th, and then the rest of the show. Bringing two pairs of comfortable shoes. And a car seat. To test. Yeah.. to test.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'll probably be there on both the 29th and the 30th. I will DEFINITELY be there on the 30th at 10:50am!!! :D

I may go to one of the public days if my dad forces me to drive him to the show.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey Clyde...

We will be allowed to sit in these things right ? This isn't going to be a look but don't touch exhibit I hope. I live in LA and will be there for sure. I may not come till the last day though so as to avoid crowds, plus I broke my damn right foot and am hobbled a bit.

Regards

Steve

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
It is a look but don't touch exhibit historically, so I would expect that to continue the tradition.

However, they will let you in if you ask nicely and tell them you are on the waiting list.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
atyclb said:
I plan on bringing my deposit/sales order :D
You lucky west-coast bastages:D I found out at the beginning of the week that I will have more time off than I originally thought, so I looked into 2 tix to LaLa land and it turned out to be about $1400 US for the tix, so I'll be looking to you Aty for spectacular and vivid images of the goings on at the booth.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'm expecting that Clyde will let our merry band of Elisetalkers behind the velvet ropes. Right?

It seems that Michael from the sandsmuseum web site will be interviewing Arnie (I believe on the 29th, during media days). He will post some stuff on his site after the first of the year. Are you involved in the interview, Clyde?

Thanks for all your info and your enthusiasm. Can't wait until Jan 2nd.

Any hint on how many Elises will be on display?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Any idea on how Lotus is going to set up the press conference?

Porsche has it's own hall, and it got pretty crowded/hot/stuffy in there at the last show's press conference. Lotus is in a relatively small hall, and it shares it with the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini.

I can just see it now: hundreds of journalists cramming into the hall, some sitting on top of the neighboring Enzo and Gallardo to get a better view! :p

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Hmm, what about the reaction when the show opens Friday morning, and dozens of fanactics rush past the Ferraris and Lamborghinis to see the Elise? I wonder what the Ferrari/Lambo reps will think when they see that. :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
MattG said:
Hmm, what about the reaction when the show opens Friday morning, and dozens of fanactics rush past the Ferraris and Lamborghinis to see the Elise? I wonder what the Ferrari/Lambo reps will think when they see that. :)
Maybe they'll think... I wonder if we could bring a car into the US at a more reasonable price ? I remember the M100 Elan hit the US as a $40,000 car in 1991. The Elise is now more car 13 years later for the same price. I think the Elise will not only be a fun car,
but will be the begining of great things to come.

Steve

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
The Ferrari and Lambos are great cars no doubt and should attract a good deal of attention, but they are so expensive to buy and maintain that they will be of serious interest to only a select few that attend the show. The Elise however will draw many people that could actually afford to purchase one so I would expect there to be quite a crowd around this little car that could.:)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
Clyde,
I'll be in the UK until the 2nd, so I won't see you at the show until mid-week. Can I bring you anything back from the mother-land?
:)
Robert
How about Christine (of SELOC fame)?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
My wife might have something to say about that...

Just cross your fingers for me. I'm renting an Elise for a couple of days there, and good weather would go a long way towards my wife embracing the whole idea of the Elise as my new daily driver :)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Robert, have fun on your trip! Please let us know how the Elise rental works out, I'll be very interested in the details - my wife and I might be passing through England in the springtime and I can think of no better rental car than that.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
_JD_ said:
You lucky west-coast bastages:D I found out at the beginning of the week that I will have more time off than I originally thought, so I looked into 2 tix to LaLa land and it turned out to be about $1400 US for the tix, so I'll be looking to you Aty for spectacular and vivid images of the goings on at the booth.
Hey JD..Want to go on a road trip?

"IT'S 3000 MILES TO LA. WE'VE GOT A FULL TANK OF GAS, HALF
A PACK OF CIGARETTES, IT'S DARK, AND WE'RE WEARING SUNGLASSES."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts