The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're going to try something new this time. Kart night has temporarily been moved to K1 in Anaheim. At least until the KartFactory gets their place in order.

It will be a Grand Prix style package. Three races, practice, qualify and final race. No elimination. Trophies will be award to the fastest drivers of each group (so no sandbagging). This is a great place for those of you who have never karted before to come out and find out what the fuss is about.

K1 Speed Anaheim
1000 N. Edward Ct.
Anaheim, CA 92806

Phone: (714) 632-6999

DIRECTIONS: Located just minutes from Disney Land ,Honda center and Angels Stadium. Facing 91 fwy only ½ mile east from 57 fwy.

I know this is a little last minute, but I need to know who's going ASAP.

If you would like to hear about future karting nights please join the Lotuscar.ning.com Karting group at:LA Karting Events - Lotus Car Club
And you'll receive emails before each event.

So who's in
1. Jacob
2. CJ
3. Aidan
4. Brian K
5. Steve W
6. Dave
7. AJ
8. kaz
9. kaz +1
10 kaz +2
11 kaz +3
12 kaz +4
13 Sean P
14 Mike Hall
15 Joe Hall
16 Coi
17 Coi +1
18 Coi +2
19 Phil
20 Brad
21 Marco
22 David
23 Han
24 Andy
25 Doug
26 David +1

Cheers,
Jacob

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
What's up with Kart Factory???

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Heh, i guess things started going downhill after one of the partners at Kart Factory left...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm in.

So who's in
1. Jacob
2. CJ
3. Aidan
4. Brian K
5. Steve W
6. Dave
7. AJ
8. kaz +3-4
9. kaz +3-4
10 kaz +3-4
11kaz +3-4
12kaz +3-4
13. Sean P
14. Mike Hall
15. Joe Hall
16. Phil

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i can't make it. I tweaked my wrist from tennis a few days ago...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
See you there in a few!

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a great time. I hope everyone else did as well. Different type of track than we normally race. Very grippie. I think it was challenging for those that are used to KartFactory. Kind of the complete opposite of Dromo1.

David aka "black flag" you're in my sites!!!!! Good racing with everyone. :clap:

Cheers,
Jacob

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had to make sure you were behind me

Once I knew you were close behind me, I made sure I braked in a straight line before the apex, so you'd bump me and slow you down :D

The problem with the Anaheim layout is the difficulty passing the lead guy. I know I can drive slower and if I hit every apex, you're not going to pass. I was happy to let you bump me the whole race, it slows you down and it gives me a nice boost :D

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Next time I'm just going to T-bone you JK -poke-. I had a great time trying to figure out how to pass you. I almost got you once, but couldn't accelerate fast enough to take you completely. My biggest mistake was not staying on your tail when we caught the end of the pack. I thought you might get tangled up with them, so I gave up a little space. When you didn't I wasn't close enough to do a double pass.

BTW I'm soooore this morning even with the rib protector.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sore???

I didn't touch you AT ALL last night :D

You were the one doing ALLLL the bumping thus causing all the damage to yourself.

See... you just bruise easy...

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
K1speed.com

So for those interested. You can review your times for every lap/race last night at K1speed.com and click on the scores button on the top left

I think we did well with five people in the top 40 times of the month and ten making the top 40 for the week.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had fun. Thanks for arranging the event Jacob.

I am not as bashed up as last time but do have a sore neck after being smashed in to the wall - I guess I have to learn to drive faster to stay in front of people in future.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I had fun. Thanks for arranging the event Jacob.

I am not as bashed up as last time but do have a sore neck after being smashed in to the wall - I guess I have to learn to drive faster to stay in front of people in future.
Mike, you kicked butt out there! :up:
It was nice to meet some new faces. :wave:

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe it's time to invest in a rib protector and neck donut.-poke- I'm kind of surprised that they don't issue the neck donuts there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts