The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

David "Mr. Black Flag" came up with the idea that putting together a series at different venues around the area. I thought it might be a fun idea. Hell if NorCal can do it we should too. But I wanted to gage interest

The thought so far is to charge everyone about $5-$10 bucks which would go directly towards trophy and prize money. Have a four or five event series. For individuals and maybe teams OC vs LA.

I'd really appreciate it if y'all chime in if you are interested or not. And any suggestions. I'd also need some volunteers to help out if this is a go.

cheers, :shift:
Jacob

·
Registered
191 Posts
that would be interesting :) 8.25% tax VERSUS 7.75% tax

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Calspeed Karting has great programs. The Formula class karts were a blast. They also have slower 200 and 400cc four strokes that they do endurance races with as well.

http://www.calspeedkarting.com/home.html

We could start the series with an endurance race - they do 3 hour, 6 hour and 1 hour endurance races with various teams. If we get enough we can have the place to ourselves too. I can call Brad over there to see if we can get a package set up for us.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Im down, even tho i may not make all the events, im still down!!!

venues we can race on:

Dromo1
K1 anaheim
K1 irvine
P2R corona
Fast Lap LV in Loma Linda/Ontario

i can also volunteer some time if need be

thanx!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Calspeed Karting has great programs. The Formula class karts were a blast. They also have slower 200 and 400cc four strokes that they do endurance races with as well.

http://www.calspeedkarting.com/home.html

We could start the series with an endurance race - they do 3 hour, 6 hour and 1 hour endurance races with various teams. If we get enough we can have the place to ourselves too. I can call Brad over there to see if we can get a package set up for us.
Thanks for the call on that one :panic:

Jacob I'm always up for some karting madness.

Coi, you cant leave out kart factory, while it sucked the last time because of the heat and such they still have the most fun track and karts IMO

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm in but may not make every event.

·
Registered
191 Posts
dromo1 > all

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sounds fun, but endurance race though?? I don't know if I can stay on the Kart for 6 hours...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Sounds fun, but endurance race though?? I don't know if I can stay on the Kart for 6 hours...
ha! no you do 3 man teams, alternating half hour stints...fuel and tire pitting too.

I would think the 6 hour in the current heat is not ideal, more like a 3 hour woudn't be bad. Or even just renting out the formulas and doing time attack would work too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Peter is onto something good. Enduros rock, 6 hour 3 man teams is just about as fun as racing can get. Rich Hearns series is really fun as well. He supplies sealed motors, team supplies chassis. I'm in for any karting.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here's Dromo 1 in a nutshell:

-poke- + -poke- + -poke- = BLACK FLAG!!!

if we do Dromo 1, we have to do it autocross style -- because we're simply not allowed to touch any other karts :wallbang:
... bumping is dangerous. didnt you hear of the story of that kid that died from other people bumping into him? -poke-

1 - 20 of 36 Posts