The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you LA folk who might be interested, there is a meet around Malibu on saturday with Club Lotus LA.

Info here:

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2nd.
ROSENTHAL WINE TOUR AND DRIVE.

Rosenthal is truly one of the most celebrated wineries in California. And they are opening the winery just for you and your car. For your money you will get a personal tour of the winery (about 40 minutes) followed by two hours of wine tasting.
(Cheese and fruit snacks also). (They were very generous last year.)

We have even organized a spirited drive through Malibu before hand. This is a great event for that spouse/girlfriend who usually won't turn out to club events.

We will all meet at Gladstones for Fish, on Pacific Coast Highway at Sunset:
http://www.gladstones.com/html/direct.html
at 10:30 AM for lunch. We will leave for Rosenthal at 12:20, and arrive at 1:00 PM.

It's $40 per person, ($20 for non- drinkers), and well worth it. So sign up and enjoy this wonderful event with us. (Bring cash only.)

PLEASE R.S.V.P. (or questions), to:
Gordonie [email protected]
818-841-3189
Marc [email protected]
310-922-5492

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
It's worth going just to see Gordonie and his highly customized esprit! Saw (and heard him) for the first time at LOG!:)
Chris

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Gordonie will most likely be wearing his Lotus jacket with all the patches on it. Dan Crow and few others (me included) started calling Gordonie "Patches" at LOG. :D

His reaction was priceless... it varied from a funny scowl to a blank look.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL! I can imagine!

Definetly need to get some elises out there...the meets are usually heavy on the esprit side.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
khamai said:
"Patches"!!! :D
LOL!! I think I'll be able to make this one. It's a lot closer than the others. I may have scheduling conflicts, but I'd opt for the $20 ticket (i don't drink wine)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm really sorry that I can't be there on Saturday, but I have to be at a wedding in Big Bear. The good part is I am driving my Elise to Big Bear. Hope to see you all at the next one. Have fun.

Ron

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
pianomaniac said:
I'm really sorry that I can't be there on Saturday, but I have to be at a wedding in Big Bear. The good part is I am driving my Elise to Big Bear. Hope to see you all at the next one. Have fun.

Ron
Ron, that sounds like a fun drive!

I am going to Catalina for the weekend, not in the Elise.

Patrick

·
Registered
640 Posts
Bummer!! This is a really convenient event for me but I can't make it either. My wife has already 'booked' Saturday to attend the annual 'Lithuanian Festival' down in LA. I get to stay home with the 3 kids.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
pianomaniac said:

Ron
We had plans to drive the Elise to Big Bear this weekend, but had to cancel. Maybe next month. Should be a nice drive up the mountain if traffic is not too bad.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Patricko said:
Ron, that sounds like a fun drive!

I am going to Catalina for the weekend, not in the Elise.

Patrick
Patrick, Catalina would be a fun drive if you could ferry your car over. I think the island is like 26 miles long. I hiked it a few years ago and I remember walking that twisty road in the heat of the summer. About half way across the island I was really beat and as I walked around a bend.... all of a sudden here was a herd of buffalo staring at me. -eek- I don't know which one of us (me or the buffalo) dropped a bigger load at this point.

Have a great time!

Ron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts