The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, been discussing in another thread about doing a semi regular (i.e. sort of random) "Taco Tuesday Tour", a drive to the top of Piuma or some other road to watch the sunset from various lookouts and then Four Fitty ($4.50) fish tacos at the Reel Inn on the PCH for dinner.

Obviously the time frame won't allow a whole lot of driving, but it is still fun nonetheless.

So the dilemma is where to meet and what time to meet? I don't have a real job so am a bit more flexible, so looking for opinions. Meeting place would probably need to be in Malibu as opposed to the usual MDR locale (can't waste time).
Perhaps the Malibu Colony Plaza or at the top of Stunt Rd or something?

Any interest?

Update:
Meeting at the top of Stunt Rd between 6:30-7pmish

Don't know what time we will be at the restaurant but:
Reel Inn Malibu
18661 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265

Directions from the Reel Inn/PCH to the Stunt road lookout

Directions from the 101 Freeway Valley Circle Exit to the Stunt rd lookout

·
Registered
369 Posts
OK, been discussing in another thread about doing a semi regular (i.e. sort of random) "Taco Tuesday Tour", a drive to the top of Piuma or some other road to watch the sunset from various lookouts and then Four Fitty ($4.50) fish tacos at the Reel Inn on the PCH for dinner.

Obviously the time frame won't allow a whole lot of driving, but it is still fun nonetheless.

So the dilemma is where to meet and what time to meet? I don't have a real job so am a bit more flexible, so looking for opinions. Meeting place would probably need to be in Malibu as opposed to the usual MDR locale (can't waste time).
Perhaps the Malibu Colony Plaza or at the top of Stunt Rd or something?

Any interest?

Sounds fun, I am 10 minutes away from the top of Stunt. Could also meet at the bottom of Piuma accross the street, on Las Virgenas, as there a trail head there with paved parking, not a big parking lot. Or que up on the bottom of Piuma on that straight section of road.

Hell, we could meet at my office parking lot too, which is on Agoura Rd, between Las Virgenas and Lost Hills

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last time I did this we ended at the bottom of Piuma (the big lookout point on the hairpin) so it may make more sense to start at the top of Stunt (?)
Is that a good start place for people coming from the Valley?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
It was about that time I realized it wasnt mopho at all... it was the lochness monster! I said dammit monster what the hell do you want from me? he said "four fitty" I said dammit monster I work for my money! I aint giving you no four fitty!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I don't have a real job either, and I am back in town on Monday, so you can probably count me in. Will have to see what I actually need to do once I get home.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Sounds fun. I have this Tuesday off from evening teaching, so I could do it late afternoon.

One problem: I DETEST fish!

--Hal

·
Registered
265 Posts
It was about that time I realized it wasnt mopho at all... it was the lochness monster! I said dammit monster what the hell do you want from me? he said "four fitty" I said dammit monster I work for my money! I aint giving you no four fitty!
rotfl that was a funny episode!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds fun. I have this Tuesday off from evening teaching, so I could do it late afternoon.

One problem: I DETEST fish!

--Hal

I think they sell more than just fish, you can always get crabs :evil:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so think the lookout at the top of Stunt rd, Saddle Peak, and Schueren rd will be the meet point

Map

Now what time? Is 6pm (roll by 6:30 ish) too early for you workin' folk?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Looks good timewise for me this tuesday.:D
I'll bring the telescope!

Crabs are fish in my book.
I know, I know they're crustaceans. But they taste awful too.
Lobsters? Yuck. Shrimp? Double yuck....

-Hal

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I should have said you could always catch crabs -poke-

·
Registered
807 Posts
probably can't do the drive because some of us with "real" office jobs won't make it out to the rendezvous point in time.

how long do you suppose you'll be out driving for? maybe us working stiff can make it in time to the Reel Inn for fish tacos and beer with everyone.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ok, so think the lookout at the top of Stunt rd, Saddle Peak, and Schueren rd will be the meet point

Map

Now what time? Is 6pm (roll by 6:30 ish) too early for you workin' folk?
Why don't to make it for 7pm, gives the working stiff, or those that work for software development companies which office hours are 9am to 6pm, time to make it out throught the evening traffic. Unless you are close, the problem in making it out on time is not the distance but the evening traffic. Maybe you can poll which time work best for people.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Terry (the wife) loves fish, lobster, shrimp etc. So we'll meet you at the spot (we were there yesterday!) :D
I'll bring p-nut butter sandwich for me.:sad:

So.....what time? 6 pm or 7 pm?

How's the Lotus parking at Reel Inn?

--Hal

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
7pm is fine with me

I will probably aim to be there for 6:30ish and will hang out

Reel Inn has a lot (which I am not sure if they charge to use) and good side of the road parking on the PCH

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW, it's not going to be just Lotus cars there

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reel Inn Malibu
18661 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265