The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Allow myself to introduce..... myself. I've been lurking on the boards for a few months, learning about these fantastic cars. I finally pulled the trigger on a beautiful low mileage Graphite Grey 2005 Elise. Many thanks go out to Chris for a smooth private party transaction.

What can I say, the trip was amazing! I'll let the pictures do the talking.

First stop was the Toyota national headquarters to meet my friend and host for the first night:

I'll be spending a lot of time here over the next few days...

Day 2, I pick up my brother from LAX and we set off for Las Vegas. First stop is the Angeles National Forest and the 60 mile twisty road that runs through it.

Bye bye LA:

Climbed our way up into the clouds:

Quick stop for a few pictures and to put the top on. It went from 75 and sunnny to 50 and in a cloud after climbing a few thousand feet:

Day 3 was Vegas to Breckenridge, CO. The best pictures were taken in southern Utah.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Very cool :) and welcome!!!!!

Let me know if you want to sell your California plate :) I'd like one to add to my collection (I've only got a blue/yellow one).

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Nice pictures, dude, way to introduce yourself.:clap:

Since your from Chicago, make sure to stay away from a local Elise owner, Moto44. He's a little off, if you know what I mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Awesome pictures! Now that's a way to get to know your car! Great color combo too!

Enjoy!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
congrats & nice pics!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool :) and welcome!!!!!

Let me know if you want to sell your California plate :) I'd like one to add to my collection (I've only got a blue/yellow one).
Thanks, I'll let you know about the plate.

Nice pictures, dude, way to introduce yourself.:clap:

Since your from Chicago, make sure to stay away from a local Elise owner, Moto44. He's a little off, if you know what I mean.
At least he has a nice garage... but yea, something doesn't seem quite right about him. ;) I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Holy sh*t Moto! that is not your colour my friend!

Oh and great pics do you do photography?
Thanks, it's just a hobby of mine. Most of those pictures were with a Canon 40D and 17-40 F4L lens. A few were with a Panasonic Lumix point n shoot and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Awesome pictures! Now that's a way to get to know your car! Great color combo too!

Enjoy!
Thanks, I loved the color combo too. Which is probably why I went all the way to LA to get it. Driving it all the way home was a good fringe benefit.

congrats & nice pics!
great color man, and awesome pictures.
Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
That is a great drive, everyone should do that at least once. (Preferably more than once.) It really makes you appreciate the geographical diversity of this country. The southwest is the most best! Great pictures, and I'm sure a memory you won't soon forget.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Ignore him. He's full of it.
Not only is the garage photo out-of-date,
but that dress is so last season. :D

Welcome!
Bwahaha... I was wondering when you'd find this.

Truth is Robert, if your looking for a Lotus inspired event in Chicago, Todd's your man.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Speaking of Lotus inspired Chicago events... When's the next one. I don't see much going on in the regional section.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts