The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car began to run really funny. I have almost no power after 3,500rpm, and it takes forever to go from 3,500rpm to 5,500rpm. Also at stops, the car wants to stall. :panic:

As many of you know, I have a chronic P0420 code issue. The CEL/P0420 is not on at the moment, but been on and off (it's off now, but stored in the ECU).

Also I have a weird high-pitched noise around 3,800rpm, but based on my previous experiences, I think it's another cracked Stage-II..., but I could be wrong.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance! :up:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Your problem sounds very similar to this thread: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101/06-elise-choke-around-3200-rpm-71956/ The Lotus dealer is telling him it is a bad DBW throttle body.............:(
Awesome. I think that is a good possibility! :up:

I thought about A/C relay as well (as that thread talks about), as I had engine cutting off issue with the A/C on in the past. I got the A/C relay replaced and that took care of the problem.

I guess it's time to get the DBW throttle body checked. Do you think that can cause P0420 (Catalyst efficiency below threshold)? :shrug:

Just FYI, here's a list of things replaced so far under warranty.

- ECU (replaced)
- catalyst/downpipe (replaced 2x)
- camshafts (replaced)
- O2 sensors (replaced)
- fuel injectors and coil packs (replaced)
- exhaust (Stage-II cracks, replaced 4x)
- wiring harnesses
- passenger-side rear turn-signal (replaced)
- front/right turn-signal housing (replaced)
- A/C relay (replaced)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts

I thought about A/C relay as well (as that thread talks about), as I had engine cutting off issue with the A/C on in the past. I got the A/C relay replaced and that took care of the problem.

I guess it's time to get the DBW throttle body checked. Do you think that can cause P0420 (Catalyst efficiency below threshold)? :shrug:

- ECU (replaced)
- camshafts (replaced)
- O2 sensors (replaced)
- wiring harnesses
- A/C relay (replaced)
I suggest jacking up the license plates and replacing everything in between... :D

j/k Patrick... hope this is resolved quickly...

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts

- ECU (replaced)
- camshafts (replaced)
- O2 sensors (replaced)
- wiring harnesses
- A/C relay (replaced)
I don't think the throttle body would cause the P0420 code, but you might want to contact Charliex for an affirmative on that.

You certainly have had a lot of stuff replaced already on your car. :eek: I sure hope this problem turns out to be something simple.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I kinda gave the car an Italian tune-up, and the problem kinda went away.... I still feel that the car is lacking a bit of power than usual, but at least I don't have the unusual jerky feel coming from the motor.

What do you think the problem is?

I am not trying to b*tch about the car (I love my car). I am just trying to learn, and hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i have this engine vibration @ 2800-3200 rpm and lack of response when on the gas. i haven't found the cause yet. i have BWR SC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts