The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaaaaaannnnd now I get to start this whole ordeal over again...

Last October a woman not paying attention rear ended me. I JUST got everything settled from that and the diminished value claim handled and supercharged my car. Thoughts/advice on this one?

I was parallel parked in a spot on the street with PLENTY of room in front and behind me (made sure 3 times while walking away and you could probably have fit another lotus in between the car in the space in front and behind me). Well the lady in front says she didnt know my car was behind her and got in and backed up into my car because she couldnt see it in her rearview mirror. I was inside eating and came out to a note on my car from her telling me all this with her cell number. I called the number and she said she would come back. Called the police and they wouldnt send a cop since it's on private property and the lady said she would come back. They said they'd send a cop to file it as a hit and run if she didnt show back up. The lady came back and we exchanged information. I called my insurance company and told them what happened. We both have state farm. State farm was going to contact her today to make sure she was at fault and file it under her policy.

I'm honestly shocked and my faith in humaity is a little restored that she left a note and came back.

Here's a pic taken just a few days ago in the same area that was posted to my FB about an hr before this happened. I was parked on the street right behind where my car is in this pic.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
My my...

I got upset last night when I left my car in a empty parking garage for dinner. I was worried the entire time since my experience is these cars are like kids and cannot be left alone unattended.

When I got back there were fingerprints and hand prints all over it like someone had their way with my car or something...Guess that is the best I can hope for. Seems you are giving me an example of the worse that can happen when left alone.

Even my wife said that she would never leave it unattended if it was hers...

Wow man. That is a real downer. Sorry

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
My advice is don't parallel park a lotus...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, never again will I make that mistake

·
Premium Member
11,995 Posts
Condolences.

I never parallel park, under any circumstances.

Many vehicles have very large blind spots behind them. With some SUVs, that is 50'!! (People have run over their children.)

Color does not matter. If they can't see your car, they can't see your car.

BTW, I like your color scheme a lot.

PS: I think even on sedans, aerodynamics dictate higher trunks for better mileage, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I remember the recent thread where you just got your car back from the body shop :(

·
Registered
663 Posts
Ugh man, that blows... I can't even begin to sympathize. I parallel parked all the time and never had a single issue (granted, as you did, I always made sure I had plenty of room). Maybe I got lucky?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I parallel park often, have to note this... You'd think they would find the Elige hard to miss on the way in the car, is it really that hard to remember the car as you back up?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
ooof, very sorry you have to go through this again. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
buy one of these....

This is the rear view camera of a Dabonda Black box I installed a few months ago. It is incredible. ?Welcome to DABONDA BLACKBOX

It has a parking function that records constantly or activates when it detects motion.

The picture is my Exige. I couldn't find one for the front camera which mounts
in place of the rear view mirror.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
How do you not see it when you come up to the vacant spot in the first place. It is impossible not to see any cars. WTF Did she drive backwards the entire way down the street?

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Condolences.

I never parallel park, under any circumstances.

Many vehicles have very large blind spots behind them. With some SUVs, that is 50'!! (People have run over their children.)

Color does not matter. If they can't see your car, they can't see your car.

BTW, I like your color scheme a lot.

PS: I think even on sedans, aerodynamics dictate higher trunks for better mileage, IIRC.
I never parallel park either unless there is a no parking zone in front of the car.
This admonition should be in the owner's manual under things NOT to do in your Lotus.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
one of the cardinal rules as i understood it in the group. We do not ever parallel park our cars. I play guitar occasionally at a high end restaurant in an area surrounded with parallel park only opportunities. I park 1/2 mile away so i can "straight in park", and then i walk. Beautiful car - sorry for your pain.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
This is the rear view camera of a Dabonda Black box I installed a few months ago. It is incredible. ?Welcome to DABONDA BLACKBOX

It has a parking function that records constantly or activates when it detects motion.

The picture is my Exige. I couldn't find one for the front camera which mounts
in place of the rear view mirror.
way cool.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts