The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Everyone involved was fine, I've just got a killer headache this morning and back is a little sore. A car in front of me was turning left so I was stopped behind them and the lady who hit me told the State Trooper that she guesses she'd taken her eyes off the road and thinks she may have been giving her daughter some juice. Her daughter (6) was in a harness in the back passenger seat. Was able to drive the car home and it's in the garage. Not sure how to go about this as I don't want some local yahoo maaco shop trying to repair it. I'd really like the Atlanta Lotus dealer/Motorcars of Georgia to do the estimate and work as their the closest dealer but i'm 3 hrs away in North Alabama. I'd actually just scheduled an appointment with them Monday morning to have some work done and was going to drive over there for that and to pick up Randall Graves' Difflow diffuser...She does have insurance thankfully.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
damn what a great first post to read in the morning.

And I so desperately want to drive around today.
just because.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm glad everyone's ok! ...That's an expensive juice box. Yeah, I'd definitely have the dealer look at it. They'll want to check the frame. I'd feel a lot more comfortable letting lotus check it over even the best collision shops.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More pics:

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Doctor, and then the Lotus dealer. Sorry to see this. :(

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Sorry to hear :mad:
I hope you get her back up and running soon.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Why does he already need a lawyer? lol.

Take the car wherever you want. When you contact HER insurance company, or vice versa, you simply tell them where the car is and the insurance adjustor will go there. The insurance company will ask if you were injured and if you need a rental. Or they should ask.

When I had the accident in my Lotus, the repair shop and the insurance adjustor handled everything. I had one phone call with her insurance and that was it.

I had an accident many years ago on a motorcycle in which I did sustain injuries. I settled the property damage fairly quickly and settled my personal injury claim 1+ year later due to physical therapy, etc. I handled everything without an attorney, but hey, if you wanna give away 1/3 of your claim, go get an attorney. I just think it is premature.

Bummer about your car. Accidents are always a major pain in the butt.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Damn that blows chow .... I feel your pain. A 19 year hit me in the rear a month ago but the damage was no way as bad as yours. Mine was a few cracks in the rear clam. But now it has to be dealt with. All the best on it but I know that you'll miss the car while it is under repair. Especially because your driving season is pretty much year round.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you are coming to Atlanta, check in with AutoGlo in Tucker. They just finished some work on my 2005 Graphite Grey Elise and they did a great job, I highly recommend them. They are familiar with Lotus and fiberglas work. Ask for Ted
770 423-4440

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
thats gonna be 16 - 18k ....

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im confused to be seeing an Exige without LED taillights? Was it in a wreck before this?
Nope no previous wrecks that I've seen. Either a previous owner swapped them back for some reason (It also had magnolia color elise seats in it when I got it) or its such an early 06 it may have came w those before they started doing the LEDs? Not quite sure but I've often wondered about those taillights myself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
crash

I had a more serious rear end collision in my Prowler in Dec 2005.
In five weeks without an attorney they replaced the car with a new one, paid all med bills, let me buy back the damaged Prowler. This was all accomplished without a lawyer and GMAC threw in money for pain and suffering. She was insured by GMAC, I was knocked unconscious and it took about 5 - 6 weeks before I was truly myself. However I told them three days after the accident what it would take to settle this and that I had little desire for it to take months. Ask what you can justify and stick to your guns.
This is my two cents on this matter.
By the way I now have two Prowlers.
Mort

1 - 20 of 51 Posts