The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a drive around Lake George one of these weekends. There's some great roads up there and it's a really nice town. I figure we meet up in Lake George, go north on 9N, back south on 22 to 149 to 9L back to Lake George. Says it should take about 2 hours and I'm sure we'll be faster than that.

I'm near Saratoga Springs if anyone wants to convoy up there.

Anyone else interested in the drive?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, let me know when you want to do it and if there are any other guys down there who are interested.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I used to go up to Lake George a lot. Did you find the mountain road that takes you up windy roads and leads to a nice view of the region? I think it is called Prospect Mountain.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I am a relatively new owner in the Syracuse area. I would love to meet up with you guys sometime, Lake George or wherever.

Jonathan

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have setup a event for the last six years in Lake George. It started as a cobra event but has evolved into run what you have. After I bought my elise I posted a late invite here but I was the only lotus in the group. Next year I will be bringing my new 240. Ill keep you guys updated on the 2009 summer run..
In the meantime If you want any info on cool routes just let me know, we have done them all. I would also setup a day trip in the fall.

Greg

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
when?

and how far is lake George from nyc?

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I am a relatively new owner in the Syracuse area. I would love to meet up with you guys sometime, Lake George or wherever.

Jonathan
Hi....
tony from the Lotus Owners of New York. LOONYs.

We meet in central and western ny all the time. LotusOwners is our website.
In fact we are meeting for breakfast at my house on Sunday...send me an email if you want to come.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have setup a event for the last six years in Lake George. It started as a cobra event but has evolved into run what you have. After I bought my elise I posted a late invite here but I was the only lotus in the group. Next year I will be bringing my new 240. Ill keep you guys updated on the 2009 summer run..
In the meantime If you want any info on cool routes just let me know, we have done them all. I would also setup a day trip in the fall.

Greg
Hey Greg... I actually saw your meet in Lake George, back in July I believe right? You may have saw me pull in. I was driving down Canada St. and the Cobra's caught my eye, so I made a quick U and turned into the Ft. William Henry Hotel parking lot. I drove in with my Storm Titanium Elise, so not sure if you saw me or not? I parked and took a walk over. I didn't really speak to anyone, I was too busy checking out the GTM, but now I guess I know who owns the Lotus :).

I'll be up for a drive around Lake George. Im in. Im actually going thru the village and up 9N and eventually to Lake Placid, Wilmington and the top of Whiteface this Sunday, just for a ride.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Greg... I actually saw your meet in Lake George, back in July I believe right? You may have saw me pull in. I was driving down Canada St. and the Cobra's caught my eye, so I made a quick U and turned into the Ft. William Henry Hotel parking lot. I drove in with my Storm Titanium Elise, so not sure if you saw me or not? I parked and took a walk over. I didn't really speak to anyone, I was too busy checking out the GTM, but now I guess I know who owns the Lotus :).

I'll be up for a drive around Lake George. Im in. Im actually going thru the village and up 9N and eventually to Lake Placid, Wilmington and the top of Whiteface this Sunday, just for a ride.
I did see you drive thru but I didn't realize you stopped.. Funny I was In lake Placid today 8/31. We went to the top of Whiteface on the gondola and then into Placid for lunch. No lotus today just the mini van with the kids:panic:

Greg

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did see you drive thru but I didn't realize you stopped.. Funny I was In lake Placid today 8/31. We went to the top of Whiteface on the gondola and then into Placid for lunch. No lotus today just the mini van with the kids:panic:

Greg
Wow... small world! I was in Lake Placid yesterday (8/31) also. What a great day for it. I even went to whiteface too. We drove up the mountain though to the observatory and I took some pictures looking down at the gondola. If you haven't been to the top, It's definitley worth it, but if you have toddlers, I don't know if you'd want them running around because there are hardly any rails. The walking trail to the top is great too but is a bit rough.

Can you see yourself in the crowd? Haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts