The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He showed up at my house about six months ago. Just sits there eating my food and generally acting like he's king of the tree. I've tried talking to him to discuss the problems and he just stares back at me saying "Hoo, Hoo". So I retort "You, You" as in your the problem, but he just looks at me and occasionally winks. Of course, I have to say, my rodent problem is under control.

Can any of the moderators do something?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Of course, I have to say, my rodent problem is under control.

Can any of the moderators do something?
Sure I can do something, send him over my greyhounds just eat and sleep, but then that's a greyhound thing. I'd gladly take this guy off your hands, got a couple big oak trees he's welcome to.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure I can do something, send him over my greyhounds just eat and sleep, but then that's a greyhound thing. I'd gladly take this guy off your hands, got a couple big oak trees he's welcome to.
He appears to prefer my pines to my oaks.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Very cool freeloader to have around... like how he's staring you down too.
:)

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool freeloader to have around... like how he's staring you down too.
:)
He was eyeballing me with hunger in his eyes.

I'm assuming it's a great horned owl?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
nice pics. :up:

we're knee deep in raptors these days. same net effect... the rodents are running scared. :clap::clap::clap:

we don't see that many owls around here, but when i do, i like to take note of where they're hangin out... i think a big (hungry/angry) one might just try to take down my tiny dog. :eek:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
cool pics. I think I may have seen an owl ONCE during the day time. I would usually see a few every year at night, though, growing up on the farm. Typically in or around my Grandparent's barn.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our two cats are running scared, I think. Luckily, our dogs are each about 80 lbs. I don't care much about the cats. :shrug:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
cool pics. I think I may have seen an owl ONCE during the day time. I would usually see a few every year at night, though, growing up on the farm. Typically in or around my Grandparent's barn.
[hijack]Conan, for lack of better words, your avatar is "gangsta" :D hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah[/hijack]

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Our two cats are running scared, I think. Luckily, our dogs are each about 80 lbs. I don't care much about the cats. :shrug:
When I had a new pup, a couple owls started hanging out. We had to stay close to the dogs for a couple of months till they put on some weight.

Got a great story about a dumb owl and a deer stand...Thing flew up and landed right next to me!!!! He checked me out, but then went back to surveying the ground for rodents. Every so often he would check me out, finally next time he turned to me, I YELLED and made sudden commotion...it looked like the bird was about to have a heart attack! Owl fell out of the tree, but was able to fly before it made it to the ground. Ever see a bird fall out of a tree?!! It was sooo funny. Didnt get a deer that day though. Yes the owl was fine if your worried.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I had a new pup, a couple owls started hanging out. We had to stay close to the dogs for a couple of months till they put on some weight.

Got a great story about a dumb owl and a deer stand...Thing flew up and landed right next to me!!!! He checked me out, but then went back to surveying the ground for rodents. Every so often he would check me out, finally next time he turned to me, I YELLED and made sudden commotion...it looked like the bird was about to have a heart attack! Owl fell out of the tree, but was able to fly before it made it to the ground. Ever see a bird fall out of a tree?!! It was sooo funny. Didnt get a deer that day though. Yes the owl was fine if your worried.
rotfl

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
speaking of the return of raptors.....

In 2001, I was walking across Michigan State U campus, between Wells Hall and the International center. That area is a nice park-like area near a river. About midway between the buildings, I hear this flapping noise and look up just as a hawk nabs a pigeon out of mid air! It brought it to the ground in its talons, and then sat there looking around like, "Anybody got a problem with this?" Then it got nervous with all the people standing around and actually carried it up into a nearby tree where it proceeded to have lunch.

That was extremely cool to witness.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
speaking of the return of raptors.....

In 2001, I was walking across Michigan State U campus, between Wells Hall and the International center. That area is a nice park-like area near a river. About midway between the buildings, I hear this flapping noise and look up just as a hawk nabs a pigeon out of mid air! It brought it to the ground in its talons, and then sat there looking around like, "Anybody got a problem with this?" Then it got nervous with all the people standing around and actually carried it up into a nearby tree where it proceeded to have lunch.

That was extremely cool to witness.
Mmmmm, pigeon.:drool:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I've never seen an owl in the wild..... :(

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Look on the light side: you never have to worry about your mail finding you. Btw, does he have a friend named Hedwig?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
. Ever see a bird fall out of a tree?!! It was sooo funny.
Yep, drunk birds of paradise on rain forest walks early in the morning. They'd been hitting the fermenting nectar all night. Funny as hell.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts