The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if you guys have followed this, but a guy in a black Gallardo Spyder was pulled over by the cops in Maryland....in a full Batman costume.

Turns out this guy was on his way back from a hospital visiting kids with cancer. He's apparently been doing this since 2001 (there's a touching backstory to it and 'why Batman?'). His son dresses up like Robin and he spends about $25K of his own money each year helping sick kids. Paid $5K of his own money for the custom Batman costume. Word is that he's spending $250K of his own money having a bat mobile car built, but it's not yet ready.

This guy is awesome!

Now if I can just get my wife to stop cutting those damn onions and forcing my eyes to tear up.

'Lamborghini Batman' Unmasked

·
Registered
488 Posts
So awesome.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Batman Needed Help; Howard County Police Responded

Batman Needed Help; Howard County Police Responded - Elkridge, MD Patch

377581_268089306561769_181604281876939_671431_459645834_n.jpg

The following is an excerpt from the Howard County Police Facebook page:

“PFC Brandon Stickles (pictured) and PFC Chris Calcaterra responded to assist a disabled motorist in the fast lane on U.S. 29 southbound on Halloween around 11 a.m. The driver, donning a Batman costume, was on his way to a hospital in Washington, D.C., to visit sick children when his Batmobile got a flat tire in the area of Johns Hopkins Road. After clearing the vehicle to the highway shoulder to be towed, the two crime fighters posed for a snapshot. The masked man got a ride from a friend to the hospital appearance. Listen to the 911 call from a surprised passing motorist.”

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I saw the headline on the internet a little while ago about Batman being pulled over and didn't realize this guy was local to my area until I picked up my morning newspaper yesterday. Kudos to him for caring dedication. :clap:

Yes, I did tear up a little.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts