The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am completely addicted to the Lamborghini Grigio Telesto! :drool:

I believe that Lotus should introduce a new gray that is similar (never copy someone else's color!) to this fantastic color.

Does anyone know if this forum has ever been able to influence Hethel's color directions? I wish Lotus offered the option of a custom color at an extra charge.

Maybe someone with great Photoshop skills can create an Elise in Grigio Telesto?

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
646 Posts
its so similar to graphite gray, if you're thinking about going w/ a custom color why not something that is different than or not similar to what Lotus already offers... :shrug:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Get the color code from the Lamborghini and have your favorite paint-shop paint your Lotus. :up:

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
When I was looking for my Elise the dealer told me that Lotus stopped to offer custom paint. :shrug:

I wonder if it is still the case... or you have to be a celebrity who drives Kawasakis?
I wonder if it was too hard for the dealer rather than that Lotus have stopped :shrug:

I've never tried it I must admit but the Kawasaki Green paint job is less than six months ago - and my car (which I bought second hand and is now 6yrs old) is not one of the standard colours (it is gunmetal - an older Esprit colour similar to GG).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder if it was too hard for the dealer rather than that Lotus have stopped :shrug:

I've never tried it I must admit but the Kawasaki Green paint job is less than six months ago - and my car (which I bought second hand and is now 6yrs old) is not one of the standard colours (it is gunmetal - an older Esprit colour similar to GG).
...I should check with a new dealer and see what he says, you might be right.

Can you post a picture of your gunmetal Elise? Curios to see it.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Get the color code from the Lamborghini and have your favorite paint-shop paint your Lotus. :up:
+1 - Lotus paint jobs are marginal at best, I didn't notice the difference until I took my rear clam to a body shop and he asked if I wanted him to "texture the car to match a production quality paint job" -- I said no, and WOW my body shop guy's work is amazing -- it does actually look too good compared to the rest of the car.

FYI, a custom high quality paint job (if you bring in all the panels) is about $7000-$8000.

Also there are two versions of Lotus Graphite Gray B122 is a "lifestyle" paint that has more metalic in it.

Personally, I love the Lifestyle Graphite Gray, espeically when it's done correctly.

Rob

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it's tacky in person, the grigio telesto. It's tacky because you can see all the individual metallic flakes that look like they've been sprinkled over the top for effect.

Lamborghini makes beautiful paint using a PEARLESCENT style. I would vote for that :clap:
Well, this means that the color is really different when in person. I was intrigued with your statement and wanted to check all Lambo's colors. Found this link:

Lamborghini Paint codes from PPG

....you can choose from 85 colors :eek:

which Pearlescent one are you refering to?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
this color makes Ferraris look awesome...forgot which magazine but it had the scuderia 430 in this color and it was :crazyeyes

oh and a repost of one of my fave pictures of my car

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this color makes Ferraris look awesome...forgot which magazine but it had the scuderia 430 in this color and it was :crazyeyes

oh and a repost of one of my fave pictures of my car
There is something special in that color :evil:
Not sure but it switches something on.

Great picture of your car, love the details of the brakes and the roof :bow:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts