The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized Lambo made an SUV before but it was at least manly and beastly. This one looks like a Mazda CX-9 with a slightly beefier body. Pretty dorky and useless.

So, lets recap the REAL signs of the end of the world:

1) Ferrari elminates the true manual transmission forever
2) Porsche is building 4-door sedans and sappy SUVs
3) Lambo is making Mazda-certified SUVs
4) Lotus is almost out of business.

I hope the planet collapses on itself and becomes a brown dwarf star. We desrve no less for these travesties. :mad:

:D

Heres a link to the Mazda...errrr....Lamblo: Lamborghini to unveil SUV - 'The Lamborghini of SUVs' (1) - CNNMoney

·
Registered
297 Posts
Lambo SUV!!!!

Lets go bush bashing!!!!
Thats definitely what it must be made for!:cool:

Err........... I stand corrected, its for taking the kids to school.

Just Pointless like all the other sport SUVs. Rediculous concept, can't even take them up a kerb without bending the low profile blingy mags.

SUV fashion is just becoming a joke. :sheep::sheep::sheep:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Let's not forget the ferrari FF. That thing is fuggly!

This is purely about making money. I'm sure there wasn't a lot of R&D. Build it on a Q7 frame, throw a Gallardo engine in and an Audi infotainment system and charge 200k. Smile all the way to the bank when every star and the uber rich want one.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Guys, you are forgetting the Maserati Kubang and the hideous Bentley SUV that is coming out.

Can't wait to see what happens when a pimp from Dubai or a lame unknown rapper get a hold of that Bentley SUV and hand the keys over to Mansory for some bling bling.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Lamborghini was fundamental in the mega military SUV on the road gig... they are a tractor company after all.

seems consistent they should modernize their SUV product to me?

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is still a concept though, how many have made it to full production looking the exact same way that they did when they were initially unveiled.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I think they are pretty lame, but they will sell a bunch of them especially to the Middle East, China, Eastern Europe, and Miami.

·
Registered
422 Posts
For some reason I thought of the Pontiac Aztec when I saw those pics. Maybe I'm just anticipating the new season of Breaking Bad.
Anyway I didn't bother reading the article, but do the doors open vertically?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gee, a Lambo SUV.... They actually had one before Porsche or BMW...

Yep - I did mention that. The original one(pictured) was also tough and obnoxious like SUVs are supposed to be. This new one looks...well.... cant say it due to forum rules. ;)

You're calling a 600HP SUV lame, what do you want from me? :D
Yeah, I actually am. Its SO not about horsepower anymore. Its just wrong on all levels. As I said, this is a real sign of the end of the world. Humans dont deserve to go on if this is what we are going to do. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yep - I did mention that. The original one(pictured) was also tough and obnoxious like SUVs are supposed to be. This new one looks...well.... cant say it due to forum rules. ;)
The LM002 started as a design for a Military vehicle, but ended up a civillian vehicle. Think Hummer H1, but with the V12 from a Countach. Insane like a Lambo should be.

This thing shares the platform with the Porche Cayenne/VW Touareg/Audi Q7 and has a Lambo body kit. Lame.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I realized Lambo made an SUV before but it was at least manly and beastly. This one looks like a Mazda CX-9 with a slightly beefier body. Pretty dorky and useless.

So, lets recap the REAL signs of the end of the world:

1) Ferrari elminates the true manual transmission forever
2) Porsche is building 4-door sedans and sappy SUVs
3) Lambo is making Mazda-certified SUVs
4) Lotus is almost out of business.

I hope the planet collapses on itself and becomes a brown dwarf star. We desrve no less for these travesties. :mad:

:D
I need to add two more

5) Saab is no longer
6) We are out of Coffee

1 - 20 of 26 Posts