The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent logged in since:

You last visited: 07-27-2007

And I havent drove my car for 3 years until last week, I had 5 back operations and kinda got away from cars.

Anyways I put in a new battery, had everything checked out and drove from LA-Vegas and back to LA in a 4 day period, all went great. I love my car its a Elise, I dont know the year. One minor problem, After i filled it to come back to LA my remote was dead and car didnt start, I was lucky(I usually am:p) and I had my spare remote in my bag, so I did get the car started, drove back to LA-perfect:). Changed the batteries in both key remotes(factory), little lites flashing nice and bright.

now the question:

They dont work anymore, car sits there laughing at me, i moved it out of the garage in front of my house, and now its stuck(I didnt get so lucky this time:eek:)

So how do i solve this problem?? do I call Goast Busters? Seriously I dont know who to call anymore, I been out of the car scene for ever, Lotus Beverly Hills is gone(I know the story). Is there a new authorsided dealer around here??

anyways other than that I'm great hope everyone here is good, I will be back around some, I can get in and out of the car sometime, I was bed bound for almost 3 years, it was hell.

best regards

eric

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Hey Eric welcome back

You just need to sync the fobs

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
You can try to resync the key fob, sometimes under power loss they lose sync:

1) Press both buttons till the LED stops blinking and goes out
2) Release both buttons and the LED will come on constantly
3) Press the large button for at least one second. You are now done

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can try to resync the key fob, sometimes under power loss they lose sync:

1) Press both buttons till the LED stops blinking and goes out
2) Release both buttons and the LED will come on constantly
3) Press the large button for at least one second. You are now done

My car told me to thank you, it hates to be outside at night, its scared of the dark or something.

its good to be back in the saddle, man I missed that car, it sat for 3 years and is perfect,

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
If it's not too personal, what in the world do you do being bed-ridden for 3 years?

Read? Play video games?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's not too personal, what in the world do you do being bed-ridden for 3 years?

Read? Play video games?

it was the worst thing ever, I was in so much pain most of the time i couldnt think, so yeah i watched alot of TV, internet. I lost interest in all the things i could do before-because i couldnt particcapate i didnt want to talk about cars for example, the depression was brutal.

I was able to get up for an roughly an hour(30mins to 2 hours) and take a shower, and a short walk(full of pills), and play pool(once in a while), couldnt go to the gym. I was into body building for years and that was taken away from me as well, so I ignored that. it was hell, thank God I have a great girl. She was there for me. Sometimes I souldnt do anything but a shower for days at a time, onetime i was in bed for a month after a operation, I had to use wheel chairs at airports-that made things real clear for me in life, I dont care about $$$ anymore. my whole priority's have changed as a result of being a cripple.

Now I can drive my Lotus again(sometimes on good days-maybe 33% of the time), it litterly sat for right around 36 months in one of my garages. I sold my Enzo(it scared me, too light/fast) I kept all my Lambo's, RR's, hummer, Benz's. Everything but the Enzo and a Maybach62(wish I kept that one).

I drive 3 or 4 times a week, I still camt go to the gym, but i'm getting better and will be able to soon, just circut training, no more heavy lifting.

i had degenerative disc disease, 3 discs were completely gone, i was bone to bone, it was awalys a problem, but i went from my noraml self into a cripple in 6 months. 5 operations in Munchen Germany over a 24 month period and now 18 months of healing, i'm just starting to get around. But sometimes I find it hard to leave the house because i became so used to not leaving, now that i can i still dont-that is not a good thing either.

dont worry about asking me personal questions, i'm not shy, im a very open person-its just how i am.

i'm living in LA now full time, Vegas is done. I have to sell off a bunch of property there at some point. I'm thinking of moving to the beach, front row on the sand. I might rent first to see if i like it before i buy.

best
eric

oh yeah thanks again for the help, i have awalys liked this site, I didnt post here much but read alot a few years back. I remeber when that one guy got into a crash(his car was red) and his wife was killed, he was a Asian guy from N.Ca, is he ok? That really hit me hard, he posted pics of the accident, he slid into the rocks and she died, he walked. I didnt know him-but wow that hit me right between the eyes, when i read that I head tears running down both sides, i'm not a tough guy, but i not a cryer either. I hope he picked up the pieces and is doing good now.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I remember that. I think it was the first reported U.S. death in the Elise. He and his wife were at the WCLM just prior to accident. Both were so excited about the car. The story tore my heart out. I don't think we've heard from him after he left the community.

Sorry you had to sell the Enzo. That must have been very hard to do.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Glad to hear you're making some recovery and thanks for the post. Beach life is amazing, I wish I could do that too but my priorities are different at the moment. But it sounds like a great thing to do to enjoy life with the girl you mention

Normally I'd say "with back pain, if you can get in/out an elise, not to mention sit in it for hours between LV and LA, you can sit in ANY car!" - but I think you have some other pretty extreme cars too, so I can't really say that.

Hell, after 2-3 hours in my elise I'm sore the next day

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
"with back pain, if you can get in/out and elise not to mention sit in it for hours between LV and LA, ....

I know what you mean I do it once a month and will on Friday. I'm in great shape (military) and I am not looking forward to it. But getting to see my wife and drive in the Canyons is worth it.

Eric with what you are dealing with to make that trip is amazing. That reminds me to charge up my AC

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I remember that. I think it was the first reported U.S. death in the Elise. He and his wife were at the WCLM just prior to accident. Both were so excited about the car. The story tore my heart out. I don't think we've heard from him after he left the community.

Sorry you had to sell the Enzo. That must have been very hard to do.

i didnt sell the Enzo cause i needed the $$$, I sold it before everything collapsed. I just didnt like it as much as I did the $1.3M in cash, then when everything crashed it made me look like I had to sell it. That was then, I didnt need the cash. Now is a different story-I am a bit lite on cash so I would sell it. Glad I didnt like it that much. I was lucky in my timeing. I do miss it-some, but believe me its over rated. Comapired to a Veryron it felt like a toy anyways-I drove them back to back 2 times.

The Elise is a much more fun car to drive than a Enzo, look at my past posts I may have said that here before, I really cant remember. I have said that many times.

I still have 6 Lambos, 2 Phantoms, and a few other cars all of which went down in value ALOT, the smart play would have been to sell everything. But I didnt need the $$$ and I love the cars even though I cant drive them much. I'm not selling any cars anytime soon, I'm a Lambo guy for 10 years now and God willling for 10 more. I had the Lambo Bull tattooed on my back, but it got lazered off last week to make more room for something new.

I was thinking of that guy in the crash, I believe he was from Stockton Ca, where I lived prior to moving to Vegas in 91, I have lived in Vegas/LA since 93. I'm LA based right now. That was just aweful. I have been in 2 crashes and a few near misses, touch wood I'm ok.

Best

eric

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to hear you're making some recovery and thanks for the post. Beach life is amazing, I wish I could do that too but my priorities are different at the moment. But it sounds like a great thing to do to enjoy life with the girl you mention

Normally I'd say "with back pain, if you can get in/out an elise, not to mention sit in it for hours between LV and LA, you can sit in ANY car!" - but I think you have some other pretty extreme cars too, so I can't really say that.

The funny thing is once im in the Lotus I'm fine, infact when my back was at its worst(but still good enough to ride in a car-not bed bound) the Murci was the best car for me the vibration eased the pain, the Phantom was tourture.

I'm a big guy(not as big as the gym days) but still wide, the strain on my lower back getting out of the Lotus would trigger bad pain, to the extent I might be stuck at home for a few days, so it wasnt worth ever attempting getting in the car, and I love that car. it had 5700 miles on it(in just a couple months before i couldnt drive it)-which is alot for me cause I have alot of cars, it has 6300 on it now I think. It was my driver, I can use any car I want as a regular car, I dont save a "Big" car for limited use, except the Enzo, because of the parking issues/attention which I hate. I have never owned cars for attention. I like the way they feel/perform its a bond between me and the car 90% of the time, and yes 10% is to show off, but that was and isnt my motivation to buy cars.

I drove it hack from Vegas the other night it was 105 outside, My girl was in her X5 infront of me, I called her for the temperature, my back was iffy, i'm still cautious and fragile, I was low on gas and didnt want to stop(gettting in and out) so I made the trip with no A/C, my A/C rocks in my car, I seem to remember hearing the A/C in a Elise wasnt to good-mine works great, perhaps i was lucky. Anyways it had to be 120-130 degrees in my car, when I had the windows down the 105 felt cool to me. I got in at 1AM to LA, and woke up tired the next 2 mornings, that trip knocked my **** in the dirt, but my back held up ok, i been in the house mistly since, took a walk today. I did move my car around the block last nite after the help here, thanks.

sorry for the long posts, I'm practicing my writing skills. I'm better, but still cant spell.

thanks for indulging me, if you did ;)

eric

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eric,
You understood...
Take care !
Ten year and never a argument, not once. How is that possible? She is the most important part of my life. Someday were gonna have kids, this just isnt the time. There will be time in a couple years. I'm 42 she is 32. She didnt like the Enzo either, parked it is great to look at and sounds awesome when you fire it up, It was fun to go to lunch at the Ivy in, my friend had a yellow one like mine and we would park both of them up front-that I do miss. I have owned 3 Ferraris and never seemed to hold onto them, for many reasons. I'm a Lotus/Lambo/RR guy.

Since I turned this thread into something else, Tell me whats changed on the Elise since 05(I think mine is a 05)? Are things better, worse, same. Should I buy another one? Keep mine? did I miss anything?

thanks in advance.

eric

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
The Elise is a much more fun car to drive than a Enzo, look at my past posts I may have said that here before, I really cant remember. I have said that many times.
You've definitely mentioned it before!

Good to have you back and hope the back recovers further and that you get to clock up a few more miles in the cars! Did you ever finish the renovations on that big house in LV (where all the cars were photographed)?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Question: What do you do?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
it was the worst thing ever, I was in so much pain most of the time i couldnt think, so yeah i watched alot of TV, internet. I lost interest in all the things i could do before-because i couldnt particcapate i didnt want to talk about cars for example, the depression was brutal.
Eric Sir,

I too am recently crippled and recovering.

I was 31 when my accident happened. But we are not financially secure as you appear to be. I lost my businesses, then I got a job and lost that because of the economy, and right now, as I'm out of work I find it difficult to leave the house.

Some days, I don't even want to drive my Lotus which is my dream car... Always wanted a Lotus since I was a little kid.

I am just as fortunate as you in that I have a great girl to love & care for me. I feel very fortunate to have her no matter what we have lost. Though some days, I think she would be better off without a cripple to weigh her down. I don't know that I'll feel any differently until I get into the workforce, which is hard to do when you've been working for yourself for a long time.

I hope you recover and return to some form of normalcy soon.

Sincerest and best wishes,

Joe

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Since I turned this thread into something else, Tell me whats changed on the Elise since 05(I think mine is a 05)? Are things better, worse, same. Should I buy another one? Keep mine? did I miss anything?
eric
Lets see, off the top of my head, New LED tail lights, little day time running lights up front, Drive by Wire throttle, rear little rubber bumperettes like Porsches have, and the new Super Charged Elise SC model. Then you have the 211 and cup cars which are amazing ( I think you should add them to your stable ) And I bet you will like the 2010 Evora - especially if they do a convertible supercharged model ! The Evora is a 2+2 GT geared a bit more to be a luxury/Sports car. It is much easier to get in and out than and Elise and is bigger with adjustable seats, probably a lot easier on your back - supposedly just as fun to drive as and Elise. Welcome back, hope to see you at one of the Marina Del Rey mornings, events or drives ( in a different car every time ;) )

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f96...rive-meet-8-30am-leave-9-00am-part-2-a-44358/

Be sure to check out the Meets & Events and California Region threads from time to time, lots of cool fun stuff happens here in So Cal !

·
Registered
319 Posts
Main HUGE thing you missed is they brought the exige to the states starting in 2006. first year the exige was normally aspirated, by 2009 they have a 260 HP supercharged intercooled exige off the showroom floor nowadays.

Its basically an elise with a slightly different body.

gm

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You've definitely mentioned it before!

Good to have you back and hope the back recovers further and that you get to clock up a few more miles in the cars! Did you ever finish the renovations on that big house in LV (where all the cars were photographed)?

yes house is 90% done, I have 71,000 feet under roof probably 50,000 livable, 8 buildings total on 11 acres. I hate it.

I have been living in my 2000 sqft house in LA-love it.

I have came to the conclusion that 3500 sqft on 3 acres with a 10 car garage and a detached pool/guest house is the ideal package.

i have to go now, but i will get into the details later about the big house.

I'm in the credit biz have been for 13 years and data biz(now internet traffic), and real estate(over rated), I have lost perhaps $50M this year, who knows??? I dont really care, I stopped caring about money long before the recession, months and months in bed of just observing life/people/etc my priorities changed,

So I dont wear the $200,000 Patek watches anymore, infact I sold off most of them a year before the market crashed on them, Made out pretty good. Some are worth more than I sold them for but I made $$ on all of them. I remember when wearing a big wath was important to me, now I dont wear a watch unless I have to(biz purposes). I bought pool cues with the $$$, and I love them all. I have been a pool player for 24 years. its a small market but its easy to buy $25,000 cues some as much as $100,000 each.

gotta go,

i will be back tomarrow, and thanks again, I have to go to Vegas tomarrow for a few days:mad::mad:, My back is so-so; so I might not take the Lotus, I dont know. I will report back.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts