The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i'm about to install the laminova exchanger on my S2 Exige and i would have liked some documentation about it but i could find just one pic on the whole internet :oops:
Do you guys have some setup pictures or any kind of resource about it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Maybe these threads will help? Also, depending on where you live, a large radiator is needed. I'm thinking to do this as well but use a BWR F1 radiator.

Replace Stock Oil Cooler w/Lotus Sport Water/Oil?

And this link shows you how to pull our your old radiator lines (remember to run a fishing line if you want to pull new lines): Remove the oil coolers and lines on a Lotus Exige

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Maybe these threads will help? Also, depending on where you live, a large radiator is needed. I'm thinking to do this as well but use a BWR F1 radiator.
The BWR F1 radiator wasn't available when I had my Laminova setup installed, so I have a large race-spec radiator shoehorned into my Exige. @Jack has the same setup in his 211, except I have AC. Both setups were designed by Brent Bauman. Here's a link to pics of Jack's setup.

San

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok installation done! But now i have some issue with oil pressure...
Before install i could see 5/5.5 bar on cold or wot driving. Now i cant see anything over 4/4.5 bar in any conditions, cold or hot or wot. Low pressure is fine btw...

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Ok installation done! But now i have some issue with oil pressure...
Before install i could see 5/5.5 bar on cold or wot driving. Now i cant see anything over 4/4.5 bar in any conditions, cold or hot or wot. Low pressure is fine btw...
Something is wrong. You should see higher oil pressure given the huge amount of lines, oil and radiators eliminated.

San

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had no radiators before i have to say. Plus i was wondering if the fact that now the sender unit is located after exchanger and oil filter could di any difference in measured values..

·
Registered
771 Posts
Something is wrong. You should see higher oil pressure given the huge amount of lines, oil and radiators eliminated.

San
When you remove or reduce restrictions, oil pressure goes down. Oil pump flow is constant for a given rpm (flow rate increases with increasing engine rpm); if you add a restriction, oil pressure increases because the pump is trying to maintain the same flow rate while overcoming the added restriction (up to a limit, oil pumps have a pressure relief valve to limit max pressure).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
I had no radiators before i have to say. Plus i was wondering if the fact that now the sender unit is located after exchanger and oil filter could di any difference in measured values..
Yes, the further downstream the sender is from the oil pump, the lower the pressure reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts