The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Lotus Elan type36 1967 Lotus 7 1974 Lotus Europa BDA 2006 Lotus Exige
24 Posts
I have one that is supposed to be coming from Gator Motorsports they were backordered.
John Callahan

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Hey, I talked to Robert Chapman from Stratton Motor Company (in the UK) about the LH and RH ones I had on order - Lotus is currently out of stock and is looking for a new manufacturer/supplier for the front turn signals

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
820 Posts
You know, for all I grump about the cost of OEM Lotus parts, the fact is that a company like GM or Ford would tell you to go pound sand if you asked them for an out of stock part for a 2006 car, especially one made in quantities of less than 10,000 per year. Lotus? They call another supplier and try to get a little batch run, which isn't cheap, of course - the first molded plastic something is expensive, even if you already own the mold. The millionth costs a few pennies.

Nobody ever needs a million of anything for an old Lotus.

It'll be expensive when you can get it, but at least you'll probably be able to get it eventually.

Honestly, they seem to try pretty hard to take care of us.

·
Registered
1966 Lotus Elan type36 1967 Lotus 7 1974 Lotus Europa BDA 2006 Lotus Exige
24 Posts
i received a left hand turn signal assembly a couple weeks ago from Gator Motorsports. It was $212.00
John Callahan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i received a left hand turn signal assembly a couple weeks ago from Gator Motorsports. It was $212.00
John Callahan
Thanks for the tip. Called this morning but got the same answer from my local Lotus dealer that the part is in back order and no ETA from Lotus when they are producing more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts